My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Need help, lateral pelvic tilt issue

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Open Forum >> Need help, lateral pelvic tilt issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need help, lateral pelvic tilt issue - June 19, 2020 5:31:18 PM   
Leo

Hello, I apologize in advance if this is not the right part on the website to post this, I am unfamiliar with the workings of forums such as these.

I have been dealing with a few issues for a few years and am looking for some solutions. I have a lateral pelvic tilt, but the most concerning part is that the tilt prevents me from being able to grow the muscles on the side where my hip is hiked up.

A little over a year ago, I was searching the web for solutions and found that a home SI joined yoga move https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Y10uDeIUA&t=4s shown in this video gave me relief. This however did not fix the issue, and I did not realize this fact until recently. What instead happened was the tilt shifted to my other side. This allowed me to properly worked the heavily weaker and smaller side and allowed me to make it even with the other side.

At this point in me working through the issue, the tilt was favoring my right side, meaning my right side was getting the benefits of me working out and not the left side.

Eventually, I noticed size discrepancies again. I initially thought that I was working my body even but it was that, as said above, i shifted the tilt and it made me able to work my left side. Once I became aware of what was happening, I would 'shift' the tilt, which would allow me to work either side equally. For example, on the bench press id do 4 sets, 2 with my hips favoring the right, and two favoring the left, allowing me to work both sides.

Its important to note that I, in any relevant memory since I began weight training, have been able to work my body evenly.

The issues comes in, about a month ago, I started to notice it become far harder to shift the tilt to my right side, and eventually I lost the ability to do so. This left me unable to stimulate my right side. This is the opposite side from when I initially had the issues. My method of shifting my hips was to side step until I felt the shift happen/saw my hips tilt in the opposing direction. This stopped working. I revisited the natural pelvis reset, looked at home hip adjustments, and tried many other things with no luck.

Some other info that may be important: I strained my achillies tendon about 3 months ago, not a full rupture, and am still recovering. I also used to run tons of track and cross country, and I dont know if that affected my tilts at all. I only stopped once hurting my achillies. I still train, but focusing on calisthenics, and can only stimulate and grow my left side. I still get a pump on the right side by the soreness, strength gains, and size gains, are all limited to my left. Right now my left arm is decently larger but my right chest/lat remains larger, so eventually the imbalances will be an issue.

I have no insurance, no money to go to a doctor, and would like advice. I am desperately just trying to be healthy, fit, and in shape, but this is hindering it a lot and also affecting my mental state as I see no end to this problem right now. If you have read this far thank you so much, and any solutions are welcome, I need help here.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Open Forum >> Need help, lateral pelvic tilt issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search