My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

problem with treatment - exercises done wrong

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Open Forum >> problem with treatment - exercises done wrong Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
problem with treatment - exercises done wrong - July 22, 2019 10:01:36 PM   
MelissaGA

Hello fellow PT's! I am very much looking for your advice. I've been a huge fan of PT profession and have big respect for it.

Recently I went though a PT experience where neuromuscular exercises were explained to me wrong and I was doing them wrong. Eventually almost all the exercises were compensating and doctor continue ignoring the pains and concerns I had. Eventually I switched a doctor who again said nothing seemed to be wrong done and put me through a vigorous strengthening. I got discharged feeling 100 times worse than when I came.

I spend almost a year in physical therapy trying to reverse the wrong doing and get my body back. That's how I found out I was doing exercises wrong and I have now dysfunctional movement patterns. As the result instead of strengthening my abdominal I was strengthening my low back and when I received intense strengthening it affected my pelvic floor. My body is fully dysfunctional now, does not work right at all. My ankles are unstable, knees are shifting, hurting and not stable, feet became suddenly flat, I have terrible low back pain, my gluts do not work, and I get extremely anterior pelvic tilt after basic walking or exercising. My chest hurts, hard to breath, thoracic frozen, stomach muscles dysfunctional and hurts, pain in neck, terrible tension in the neck and teeth are clenching like crazy. I am not eligible to get disability, yet helding a job became a challenge. There is nothing I could do - neither lifting, much walking standing, sitting... absolutely nothing. Ive ran out of all my savings and about to loose my apartment. I've exhausted my Medicaid but the treatment the company send to isn't too great because wasn't able to help me. And there is few good private practices that could help me. But I only could do few sessions.

So I found myself totally screwed up over the last year and no way to heal. I tried contacting the company but they just discounted to what I was saying and did not want to look into the issue. I've never in my life been homeless nor wasn't able to support myself. But my body seriously gives up on me and I don't fit into any framework to get assistance. I'm honestly considering to find the way to stop breathing and no longer live. Because watching how my health fades away from my body isn't something I could stand. I;m a heath freak and been healthy for all my life. Besides I won't be able much to help myself when I am homeless and have no treatment. I cannot imagine myself homeless, where do I go, what do I do. I don't have family and I'm kind a ashamed to reach out to some friends I have, as I am not local.

I have two questions:

1. Could you please advice me what are my options to reach to some grants or financial assistance to have treatment to reverse the wrong doings.
2. How come is it bad educated PT neglects to provide proper treatment to patient and nobody has control over what he does? He continue practice pt and who knows how many patients he messed up already... The big company he works for had opportunity to stop wrong treatment when I spoke of my experience, yet they did nothing. How could that happen?

< Message edited by MelissaGA -- July 22, 2019 10:06:44 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Open Forum >> problem with treatment - exercises done wrong Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search