My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Cash pay practice versus in network with blue shield PPO

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Open Forum >> Cash pay practice versus in network with blue shield PPO Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cash pay practice versus in network with blue shield PPO - September 5, 2017 5:31:28 PM   
CaliPT

Hi,
I am currently transitioning into building my own cash pay practice. I have an opportunity to work at a facility which would allow me to do cash pay. I also have another opportunity in a wellness center which is encouraging me to do cash pay with the exception of being in network with blue shield PPO as that would allow them to refer more patients to me. My question is would I be able to take cash pay in one setting and be in network (with blue shield only) in another setting? Or do I have to commit to one or another?
Post #: 1
RE: Cash pay practice versus in network with blue shiel... - January 26, 2018 6:01:07 PM   
YamaPT

I started my cash based clinic, and I am currently only in network with BCBS PPO. Would both places you go to be under your own practice strictly or would you be under the umbrella of one of the companies? If both places would be your own company, then I do not think you can pick and choose when you are in network and not. I guess you could tell people you are out of network (even if you are in network), and as long as you don't bill their insurance and they expect any type of reimbursement than it would be okay. But in that situation it's very silly to do, since you would save them significant money and you would still be paid a decent wage.

(in reply to CaliPT)
Post #: 2
RE: Cash pay practice versus in network with blue shiel... - April 11, 2018 11:38:25 PM   
CardioFlex Therapy

You cannot go back and forth from in network to out of network. You can get into trouble doing that.

Terry Abrams, MPT
Director of Physical Therapy
CardioFlex Therapy
www.cardioflextherapy.com

(in reply to YamaPT)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Open Forum >> Cash pay practice versus in network with blue shield PPO Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search