My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Intense foot pain

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Manual Therapy >> Intense foot pain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Intense foot pain - June 9, 2017 2:58:16 AM   
Sarah258

My son has decided to go for a boot camp. But he is experiencing severe pain in the heels of both of his feet. He says the pain is so intense that it feels like a lighted match is being applied. It is often relieved by sitting or lying down. He doesn't have any redness or swelling in that area. Have not injured it anyway nor have been wearing any kind of uncomfortable shoes to cause the pain. It hurts more when he walks. When I talked about this to a friend of mine, he suggested to take deep tissue massage from a clinic in Toronto. Does anybody here know the recovery period of physiotherapy treatment? Please share

< Message edited by Randy Moore -- August 19, 2017 2:46:34 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Intense foot pain - June 12, 2017 10:13:47 AM   
Tom Reeves DPT ATC

deep tissue massage will not accelerate the recovery. See a physical therapist who treats feet frequently. Usually it is poor flexibility, bad balance, or inadequate shoes that is the cause of the problem.

(in reply to Sarah258)
Post #: 2
RE: Intense foot pain - August 1, 2017 11:23:13 PM   
Marc G

It sounds like your son's calves are too tight. When there's too much tension, it will pull from the anchor points like the heel and the knee. The pain alleviates when he sits because it shortens the muscle and aggravates it when he lengthens that muscle like when he's standing.

Just have him do some regular calf stretches and see if it relieves the pain.

(in reply to Tom Reeves DPT ATC)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Manual Therapy >> Intense foot pain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search