My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Referral to another practice

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Open Forum >> Referral to another practice Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Referral to another practice - May 12, 2017 8:28:32 PM   
drew64

I had a patient I evaluated who was 8 months pregnant with a pubic symphysis issue. Severe pain upon adduction. Could not get comfortable at all. After performing the eval I did not feel comfortable treating this type of injury because I felt did not have the experience doing it. I referred her to a facility that specifically works with women health issues like this. The next day my boss calls asking me why I referred a patient away from our facility when this could have easily been treated. He called it a simple orthopedic issue. I didn't see it that way and did what I felt was best for the patient not his business. I have no problem referring out to a therapist who may have more experience with a specific condition such as this. I do more orthopedic like back , hips, knees and shlds. Was I wrong in doing this?
Post #: 1
RE: Referral to another practice - May 13, 2017 9:26:29 PM   
ginger

Your boss is right, ask one of your in house colleagues first. Discuss the problem, learn something about it, think outside the square, or in this case, the pelvis.

Geoff Fisher
Physiotherapist
South Melbourne

(in reply to drew64)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Open Forum >> Referral to another practice Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search