RehabEdge Physical Therapy Forum

Forums  Register  Login  Forgot Login?
  My Profile 
My Subscription
  My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

What is President Trump's Healthcare Plan?

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Open Forum >> What is President Trump's Healthcare Plan? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What is President Trump's Healthcare Plan? - February 4, 2017 9:41:52 AM   
David Adamczyk

How do you think your practice will be affected?

Take a look (click)
Post #: 1
RE: What is President Trump's Healthcare Plan? - February 7, 2017 10:48:50 AM   
Tom Reeves DPT ATC

I think that the problem with the government being so involved in health care is that they try to manage all of the details. The market will fix most problems. So, in general, I support the simplicity of Trump's plan. allow insurance companies to sell across state lines, enhance competition for those dollars and the price will come down. Allow insurance companies to use the market to determine what provider or provider type is the best for a particular problem. Even better, let the consumer decide. I bet on us as a profession. For the most part, we are capable of determining if someone needs to see another practitioner and are willing to refer them. Look at how poorly the VA, medicare, and now Obamacare have performed. those are perfect examples of how "well" the government manages complex systems.

< Message edited by Tom Reeves DPT ATC -- February 7, 2017 10:50:30 AM >

(in reply to David Adamczyk)
Post #: 2
RE: What is President Trump's Healthcare Plan? - February 26, 2017 8:11:13 AM   
David Adamczyk

I had a conversation last week with an internist in Ohio. He said he was so overwhelmed by the various requirements / pay structures of the numerous managed Medicaid insurers that he would prefer a single payor for this population. He himself couldn't believe he was saying that, but the "myCare" Ohio plans that have privatized the Medicaid system are much worse straight Medicaid. Payments are lower, delayed, and audited frequently.

Thoughts?

Dave

(in reply to Tom Reeves DPT ATC)
Post #: 3
RE: What is President Trump's Healthcare Plan? - February 27, 2017 2:31:10 PM   
Tom Reeves DPT ATC

I can think of nothing besides infrastructure and the military that runs better/more efficiently when the government gets involved. Let the market decide how much 15 minutes of ther ex should be worth. Not some bureaucrat who doesn't know the difference between an itis and an osis. Too much distance between the provider and the consumer of the services IMO. Streamline. Lets have menus like in a restaurant so the patient can decide.

Post #: 4
RE: What is President Trump's Healthcare Plan? - February 28, 2017 7:51:13 PM   
David Adamczyk

RehabEdge: Fair and balanced... (Click)

Post #: 5
RE: What is President Trump's Healthcare Plan? - March 2, 2017 9:57:19 AM   
Tom Reeves DPT ATC

Post #: 6
RE: What is President Trump's Healthcare Plan? - March 5, 2017 9:59:37 AM   
RehabEdge

High anxiety: Healthcare execs want coverage continuity - For most of my career I've slept soundly, said Chris Van Gorder, CEO of San Diego-based Scripps Health. Now I'm more anxious than normal. (click)

< Message edited by RehabEdge -- March 5, 2017 10:00:59 AM >

Post #: 7
RE: What is President Trump's Healthcare Plan? - March 6, 2017 8:17:49 AM   
Tom Reeves DPT ATC

a quote from the referenced link

They accept that the election of President Donald Trump, with GOP control of Congress, probably means major health system changes. But they fervently hope Republicans move deliberately and thoughtfully, and preserve affordable healthcare for the 20 million people who obtained insurance under the ACA.
my emphasis it has never been affordable and is becoming less so as it is. something has to change

< Message edited by Tom Reeves DPT ATC -- March 6, 2017 8:19:59 AM >

(in reply to RehabEdge)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Open Forum >> What is President Trump's Healthcare Plan? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search