RehabEdge Physical Therapy Forum

Forums  Register  Login  Forgot Login?
  My Profile 
My Subscription
  My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Does anyone else have an Amazon Associate Account?

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Does anyone else have an Amazon Associate Account? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does anyone else have an Amazon Associate Account? - July 11, 2014 10:23:44 AM   
OH_PT

Does anyone else have an Amazon Associate Account?

When we opened our first clinic in 2002 I had dreams of grandeur. I thought I would stock only the best products as a value added service to my patients, but I quickly learned that if I stocked products, I also had to pay for someone to handle each sales transaction, I had to find storage and display space, I had to deal with sales tax and other taxing issues, and I had to do a lot more for a relatively small bump in total revenue.

After that, I tried a couple generic websites that supply companies offer physical therapy providers, but again it was not worth the time or effort. But about 5 years ago I created an Amazon Associate account. It was free and offered between 4% and 6% commission on any products sold via my links. This program has never made me tons of money, and will never make me rich, but at the same time there have been several worth while benefits I wanted to share with the readers of Rehab Edge.

Convenience: by using the free Amazon Associate feature known as “aStore”, I am able to recommend a specific product to a patient during the treatment or even evaluation, then within 30 seconds post that product to my aStore. Next, I can direct my patient to my website (thereby generating some traffic to my site) where the patient may choose to purchase the product from Amazon. Other than the 30-sec investment in posting the product to my website’s aStore, I did not have to do anything else and best of all, I don’t feel like a sales person. I am simply recommending a product sold on Amazon and making a convenient way for my patient to buy that product.

Profit center for staff: It is against Amazon policy for me to purchase items for personal use through my Associate link, but it has been a great way for me to help junior staff generate some passive income. As an example, I have helped administrative staff set up an aStore for themselves from which I am able to purchase all of my clinic’s office supplies. As I mentioned before, this service will never produce enough revenue to move the needle on my practice, but for an individual it can provide a significant source of passive income and revenue growth.

Website and new content development: I am always looking for ways to build my Facebook and website community. Amazon has built-in features that allow be to directly post product links to Facebook and Twitter. This gives me an opportunity to share content specific to my practice with past clients. For example, I recently posted an article about whey protein and gelatin protein related to soft tissue injury and muscle repair. I was able to include an associate link for a Great Lakes brand gelatin, which is the only protein supplement I would use with my family.

If anyone else has any feedback or examples of how they use these associate links I would love to hear them. Also, if anyone would like a free video on how I set up and use my aStore account I can create it. Just let me know.

Thanks
Tony Maritato, PT
Total Therapy Solutions
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Does anyone else have an Amazon Associate Account? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search