My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Wrist injury question

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Orthopedics >> Wrist injury question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wrist injury question - April 1, 2014 10:30:01 PM   
Turkey Sub

I have a patient who has right wrist pain. They were playing a recreation sport and ran into a wall nearly full speed stopping their momentum with both hands outstretched running into a wall. They kept playing that night not noticing any discomfort but when they went home, they noticed significant pain when extending the right wrist that worsened into the morning.
It is 5 days later and they still have pain; primarily when any weight bearing occurs onto the wrist while extended (neutral wrist weight bearing is pain free). Pain is located on the dorsal side of the wrist and palpable near the lunate and triquetrum or proximal row. ROM show full pain free flexion but very limited active and passive wrist extension. Wearing a thumb splint/brace reduces pain quite a bit. Wrist x rays show no bone fractures so I'm assuming it is soft tissue related. Anyone have any history with wrist injuries? I'm trying to figure out if it is just a significant wrist sprain (ie. Dorsal radiocarpal ligament) vs TFCC involvement. Appreciate any feedback!
Post #: 1
RE: Wrist injury question - April 3, 2014 9:00:30 AM   
honker23

My vote is sprain/contusion. TFCC is typically very focal to the ulnar side of the wrist just distal to ulnar styloid. rest and progressive rehab as able good luck

(in reply to Turkey Sub)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Orthopedics >> Wrist injury question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search