My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

looking to open a new practice in central nj

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> looking to open a new practice in central nj Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
looking to open a new practice in central nj - February 18, 2014 8:32:59 PM   
olga

Hi. Im planning on opening a new practice somewhere in central nj. The only thing is that i was planning on having it in my basement (single family house) fully done for therapy. My question is: "is it legally ok to open a clinic in my basement or not?" And what should be done for that without having problems with medicare or building department. If someone knows or can at least give me any source where i can find it out, i will appreciate it. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: looking to open a new practice in central nj - February 20, 2014 2:43:31 PM   
bgalindpt

first and foremost, you need to check zoning rules for your home. If your neighborhood cannot be zoned for medical you are SOL. If you have a HOA, etc, you would need to check with them as well. If al is well on these ends, you will need to get an occupational permit typically, and a business license. depending on state laws, you may need the board of health to come out. You need things like multiple egresses, exit signs, and all the things the state surveyors look at or hire a consultant to do a mock survey. You will need to get dredentialed with the insurances you want to if you want to be in network, or stay out of network for better pay typically. Most states have a specific license for this set up as a medical clinic e.g. and usualyl ahve a surveyor come out and make sure the place is sanitary, has running water, bathrooms, patient privacy etc. Hope this is a point in the direction you need...

BMG Healthcare Services
Medicare Home Health Consultants
www.bmghealthcareservices.com

(in reply to olga)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> looking to open a new practice in central nj Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search