My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Your tennis elbow story?

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Sports & Fitness >> Your tennis elbow story? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Your tennis elbow story? - June 19, 2013 5:16:20 AM   
whyalwaysme

Would like to get some feedback on personal stories and experiences with individuals here in the forum who have had tennis elbow or still have it.

What have you tried that helped you recover? What sort of things have you tried but failed? How much money did you waste?

Appreciate your input!
Post #: 1
RE: Your tennis elbow story? - June 25, 2013 3:27:41 PM   
whyalwaysme

Come on I find it hard to believe no one has a story to share out there?

Has anyone heard of this website www.tenniselbowtreatmenttips.com?

Not sure if it is the real deal but there are some testimonials on there. I am trying to gather a bunch of resources and would love some feedback!

(in reply to whyalwaysme)
Post #: 2
RE: Your tennis elbow story? - June 27, 2013 10:33:12 AM   
bgalindpt

My guess is that this board has some pretty advanced clinicians on it on the whole. And a question that is about a non descript injury is going to go nowhere. Most of them would probably argue (and correctly so) that lingering "tennis elbow" is almost always indicative of underlying issues in the neck, shoulder, and peripheral nervous system issues. Fear avoidance behavior and ergonomics and biomechanics almosts urely take part. So to base it down to "tennis elbow stories" I think most of them would think this is like lumping all "gait dysfunctions" in one category and then asking for treatment tips. If you were more specific, like "6 months or greater of lingering lateral elbow pain at the conjoined tendon region spreading into the forearm in a patient of X years and Y activity level after XYZ treatment has ben exhausted, you may get some replies. Otherwise, not so sure anyone in here is going to bite.

(in reply to whyalwaysme)
Post #: 3
RE: Your tennis elbow story? - October 7, 2013 8:14:50 AM   
Mike Wilson

Tennis elbow gives rise to pain in the elbow and arm which usually develops over a period of time. Repetitive motions like gripping a racket during a swing can strain the muscles and put too much stress on the tendons. Constant tugging can eventually cause microscopic tears in the tissue. Treatments which can be taken for healing tennis elbow can be icing the elbow daily at an interval of 3- 4 hours and giving rest to that portion. Performing motion exercises to reduce stiffness and increase flexibility. Stretch and warm up exercise should be done on a regular basis.
Most of the time, these treatments will do the trick. But if you have a severe case of tennis elbow that doesn't respond to two to four months of conservative treatment, you may need surgery.

(in reply to bgalindpt)
Post #: 4
RE: Your tennis elbow story? - October 7, 2013 9:23:27 AM   
LBDPT

I am a 53 year old female PT who does peds, ortho, runs and lifts weights. (no tennis). I get elbow pain (lateral epidondlye and distal tricep insertion) every so often. this last bout has been about 6 weeks. It is from too much work and increasing the weights I lift on weekends. I stretch, ice ,tens, sometimes meds,decrease the weights I lift, and when it eases, resume heavy weights. I actually think it is a combination of increasing my weights and an increased soft tissue caseload, plus fat babies in early Intervention. Interesting enough, I have 5 or 6 female friends who do not work out, who are not PT's, who have the same issue. What is frustrating is treating myself-never seems towork well! Definitely connected with c-spine and t spine, as spasms in right periscap area are occuring; not sure which started first, elbow or scapula, but leaning towards elbow.
BethPT

(in reply to Mike Wilson)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Sports & Fitness >> Your tennis elbow story? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search