My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

25 going on Medusa's new piece

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Sports & Fitness >> 25 going on Medusa's new piece Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
25 going on Medusa's new piece - September 3, 2012 1:28:46 AM   
blazer2806

I just turned 25 last week, but after 13 years of college, high school, and youth lacrosse, my body feels like it is about to turn into concrete. The remainder of my body, wrist and ankles aside, my shoulder is as close to glass as it can get. I have had 6 subluxations and now 3 dislocations in my left shoulder. I undertook an arthroscopic procedure August 15th, 2007, and am about to incur another within the next couple of weeks. I cannot begin to explain the personal disappointment this has brought to me and my family for collegiate records, future development, and most importantly military accomplishment. My questions are endless, but most presently I have 3 categories.
1) I am incredibly tired of being the injured link. Are steroids legal and/or acceptable? I plan of competing again, regardless of sport, when do the supplements leave your system? Is it ethical despite injuries?
2) Are steroids safe? Which ones? Cost?
3) I am 25, but have the body of a washed up pro athlete. What supplement [+,=] routine would they use to get into good shape again?

After 3 years of trying and getting re-injured doing basic workouts, I am desperate for anything that will just get me healthy and competent again.

Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: 25 going on Medusa's new piece - September 3, 2012 8:52:34 AM   
SJBird55

This forum wasn't intended for medical advice. You probably aren't going to receive any helpful advice because physical therapists need to evaluate a person before jumping in and making recommendations. The best advice I can give you is to make an appointment with a physical therapist.

(in reply to blazer2806)
Post #: 2
RE: 25 going on Medusa's new piece - December 30, 2012 12:34:15 AM   
Jocelynelson

I'm curious as to your progress since your post? What have you found out / changed in your daily routine?

Jocelyn Nelson
From Physical Therapy to Healthy Chocolate
http://jocelynnelson.myhealthychocolateblog.com/

(in reply to SJBird55)
Post #: 3
RE: 25 going on Medusa's new piece - November 19, 2013 12:18:41 AM   
Mike Wilson

Steroids also known corticosteroid. Steroids decrease inflammation, suppress the body's immune system, block DNA from being made. Steroids taken for more than two weeks may lead to decreased ability to respond to physical stress. So consult to a doctor before taking steroids or for any advice. Sudden withdrawal may cause to joint pain, muscle stiffness, fever, weakness etc. It can increase risk of infection if taken on long-term. Bone-density test is required in a month as bones gets thinner and increases fracture risk. It can effect metabolism and can lead to weight gain. It may lead to mood changes like depression, anxiousness etc. To avoid side effects, keep consulting your health care professional on regular basis and keep yourself healthy.

Drug and alcohol treatment

(in reply to Jocelynelson)
Post #: 4
RE: 25 going on Medusa's new piece - November 21, 2017 1:38:35 PM   
jojo

Steroids belong to the 1980s. Now there's electrotherapy and magnetic field systems that work synergistically with supplements to really push the body more naturally and for long-term!

Keep in mind that now we know much more than the 80s. Pure natural mineral based supplements, coupled with advances in testing and biohacking tools has changed the landscape of performance enhancement.

See this article about Covert brain stimulation technologies used in Rio Olympics

All the best in your research!
JoJO

(in reply to Mike Wilson)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Sports & Fitness >> 25 going on Medusa's new piece Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search