My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Measurable Solutions New Patient Course and other courses

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Measurable Solutions New Patient Course and other courses Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Measurable Solutions New Patient Course and other courses - July 20, 2012 10:28:00 AM   
OH_PT

Hello everyone, I have had several questions related to my previous posts about the Measurable Solutions Courses I have attended. Just a quick review:

Yes, they are Scientologists – I am not.
No, the information is not specific to PT, but Shaun Kirk is/was a PT and can relate to owning a PT practice
Yes, I completed the new patient course and 9 additional courses
No, I would not recommend the program to others mainly due to the cost and format of the courses.

If you want to see what your will be getting for each course you can go directly to the www.wise.org website and go to their Materials link. These were the exact books we were provided for each course. You can buy them for $100 to $150 each instead of the $1,200+ we paid for each course. The New patient course was great because of the lecture component. I think the direct mailing part was a waste of my time, but to hear from a real PT was nice. *** WARNING: the rest of the courses are self study, so you don’t get any of the lecture side of things. Instead you are put in a room with a proctor that circulates around the room answering questions, but not really teaching. Nobody else we met that worked for MS was a PT and we never saw Shaun Kirk again.

If you have your heart set on doing these courses I strongly urge you to buy a book or two before you pay the big bucks for the courses. Shaun Kirk said many times during the new patient course that “you want an air of mystery” but before you pay several thousand dollars I think you should see what you are getting.

Thanks and good luck
Post #: 1
RE: Measurable Solutions New Patient Course and other c... - July 26, 2012 10:49:22 AM   
mhberk

How were the consulting services they offer (the one on one consulting, not the courses)?  Did you ever do that?

(in reply to OH_PT)
Post #: 2
RE: Measurable Solutions New Patient Course and other c... - August 1, 2012 3:11:05 PM   
OH_PT

I am not sure if things have changed, but the consulting was what we signed up for after the new patient course. The "Consulting" was comprised of my partner and I working through the training manuals in a room with a non-PT proctor that would circulate the room and help answer questions. They may be offering something different these days, but about three years ago this is what they called consulting.

(in reply to OH_PT)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Measurable Solutions New Patient Course and other courses Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search