My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Cash programs for patients

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Cash programs for patients Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cash programs for patients - June 29, 2012 7:29:09 AM   
OH_PT

I would love to hear from other Forum members regarding how and if they have chosen to implement any cash based programs in their physical therapy practices. I own a private practice with three locations and we have provided a simple cash based wellness program for years now.

Our wellness program fills two needs, first it is an excellent way for me to provide discharged patients with a way to continue a "Semi-Supervised" exercise program, but it also acts as a way for me to control the ebbs and flows of my caseload. For example, Medicare does not pay for maintenance care, but CMS clearly states in their guidelines that they will pay to initiate and update a maintenance program. This allows me to treat my patients with Medicare in a traditional manner, then discharge them to my self pay wellness program for maintenance care. Then when that Medicare beneficiary is ready for an update to that maintenance program or my caseload drops for some reason I can reactivate that patient to update their program. It is a great way for me to reduce the barriers to physical therapy and better manage my caseload.

There are other wellness programs similar to this that I offer for patients with high copay or high deductible plans, and it has turned into a great marketing tool that other providers are either unable to offer or refuse to offer. Now, I would love to hear from you about your cash based programs.

PS: In the past we offered personal training, massage therapy, group classes, etc, but nothing has ever been more beneficial for my practice and my patients as the wellness program.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Cash programs for patients Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search