My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Need a recomendation on EMR

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Need a recomendation on EMR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need a recomendation on EMR - October 28, 2011 2:06:28 PM   
yura.odessit

I have a private OT practice where I rent out small part of the Medical Office from a MD who is my primary source of referals. I have one OTR and one COTA who helps me out from time to time when I have too many patients. I am looking for a good EMR that would allow me and my employees to enter the notes. Most of my patients are Medicare patients. The EMR that I am looking for preferably should be web based instead of PC based and would have an options for submitting a billing. Any advice would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Need a recomendation on EMR - December 24, 2011 9:11:28 AM   
OH_PT

Hi Yura,

Since PT's and OT's do not receive the same tax incentives as physicians for migrating to an EMR, I have yet to find an EMR that is worth the investment. More importantly than the sticker price of the EMR is the carrying costs and time spent learning the new system.

I am a PT and have owned my private practice for 10-yrs now. Over that time I have purchased the ReDoc System, then later PT Advantage from Compulink. ReDoc was fairly easy to use and straight forward, but costing over $1,500 at the time I purchased it and did not include any billing options. I wouldn't recommend it again. PT Advantage was more than $12,000 at the time of purchase and ranks up there with my worst purchase of the decade. For my PT practice I have yet to find anything that works better than a simple database using MS Access or even more simple than that is a PDF version of the CMS 700 forms.

I have seen WebPT and a couple other web based systems that seem nice, but my concern is both internet security and the potential loss of data. If even the most secure websites i.e. banks and credit card companies, are able to lose customer information, I don't want to be liable for patient data being lost or stolen.

I am happy to share a PDF version of the CMS forms that you can type on, but creating your own Word Document Templates seems to be the best way to go. In regards to billing and claims submission, Office Ally has a great little free services that allows you to enter and submit charges if you don't do a large volume of treatments.

Currently for my practice I use the EZClaim billing software (which I love) and Availity (which is a free clearinghouse.) I have created a simple MS Access database which I integrated with the EZClaim software. This allows me to generate all my patient admission forms, fax cover sheets, patient communications, etc from a single program. It also allows me to run reports for referral patterns, print mailing lists for marketing and birthday cards, etc. I created this system from scratch, but there are no carrying costs and it makes my patient admissions, documentation, and billing system so easy.

If you have any other questions please post them here or email me. What are you reasons for wanting an EMR in the first place?

Good Luck

(in reply to yura.odessit)
Post #: 2
RE: Need a recomendation on EMR - April 12, 2012 10:35:13 AM   
Tim RIchardson, PT

I've used Medical Manager, Versys, A2C Clinical Controller and Practice Fusion.

What's important to remember is that most EMRs are nothing more than a database and a Graphical User Interface (GUI).

Currently, I'm use A2C Clinical Controller which does billing, scheduling, reports, and documentation. You can build your own templates but the more advanced options, such as outcomes tracking, usually requires a programmer.

I built just two templates: one for ortho/geriatric patients and one for neuro/dizzy patients. The total cost for having both of these templates programmed so that A2C could track functional status scores longitudinally was not more than a couple of hundred dollars.

Most EMRs will only do what you ask them to do. The trick is getting the programmers to ask the computer the correct questions.

Tim Richardson, PT
PhysicalTherapyDiagnosis.com

Tim Richardson, PT

Get your free tutorial for improved physical therapist decision making at...
www.BulletproofPT.com

Learn about physical therapists' diagnosis at...
www.PhysicalTherapyDiagnosis.com

Post #: 3
RE: Need a recomendation on EMR - February 5, 2013 12:16:41 PM   
WriteUpp

This is kind of an old post but things have moved on somewhat so I thought I would add a brief comment/update :D

WriteUpp is a web-based practice management system featuring diary, clinical notes, assessment forms & billing. Its one of a number of "web-based" healthcare systems that have emerged in the last few years. For those who haven't come across the technology before the software is hosted centrally and you access it via a web browser. If you select the correct provider your data will be always be secure and backed-up in real-time (often to geographically separate locations), the flipside is that you need a "decent" internet connection to run "web-based" software.

Its deliberately designed to be simple to use and not over engineered. Some will want more bells and whistles but if you're a sole practitioner or small practice it should be ideal.

In the interests of disclosure I should make it clear that I am the developer of WriteUpp but given no one has commented on this for a while I though I would try and bring it up to date

You can try WriteUpp for free for 30-days by clicking here.

Post #: 4
RE: Need a recomendation on EMR - February 18, 2014 8:26:48 PM   
olga

WebPT is good. I'm just starting it, but a lot of my friends are using it for a while. They are happy.

(in reply to WriteUpp)
Post #: 5
RE: Need a recomendation on EMR - September 10, 2014 11:32:20 AM   
AM

I have used both WebPT and Clinicient....Both are very easy to use.

(in reply to olga)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Need a recomendation on EMR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search