My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Obama Care, ACO and private practice

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Obama Care, ACO and private practice Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Obama Care, ACO and private practice - October 27, 2011 8:43:51 PM   
nmueller13

Hi. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on starting a new private practice in the new healthcare world. Is anyone concerned about the role of ACOs and how they will effect the small or newly formed private practice? I finally feel like I am ready to venture out on my own but I'm scared of the impact of Obamacare on small businesses, especially in the healthcare arena.
Post #: 1
RE: Obama Care, ACO and private practice - November 25, 2011 8:51:35 PM   
bgalindpt

I would only say that the market of private practice is not what it used to be. However, a good location, a good referral source or 3, a good reputation, good customer service, being married to your clinic, and running a lean machine (low lease overhead etc) makes it still feasible for the right person. Much like the food truck craze these days allowing great chefs to sell their goods without the major overhead of a restaurant, have you considered treating patients in their homes? No overhead, never a negative profit situation.

BMG Healthcare Services
Medicare Home Health Consultants
www.bmghealthcareservices.com

(in reply to nmueller13)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Obama Care, ACO and private practice Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search