Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Open Forum >> RC 3-11 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RC 3-11 - July 30, 2011 1:02:16 PM   
PTAReenie

Does anyone on this forum know of or has heard of the passage of RC 3-11??? As of July 2012 it will basically allow facilities to hire non-licensed personnel to perform the job of a PTA. Does anyone have any thoughts on this??

Thank in advance for your thoughts on this.
Post #: 1
RE: RC 3-11 - July 31, 2011 7:20:01 AM   
SJBird55

RC-11 basically allows physical therapists to determine the care provided and by who and eliminates the belief that physical therapy is provided by a physical therapist or a physical therapist assistant. Physical therapy is care provided by a physical therapist and supervised by a physical therapist. This RC puts the control of the whole episode of care into the physical therapist's complete responsibility (the physical therapist has the license responsible for the care and should be able to determine who can do what with/for a patient).

Of course, every physical therapist needs to work within state practice acts... and of course, APTA screwed up years ago with the PT and PTA clause, so our wonderful federal government and Medicare have strict policies... and then some other third party payers adopted Medicare's rules.

This policy will allow for new clinical models to address an influx of people with physical therapy needs. Physical therapists may choose to delegate to nurses, medical assistants... And, it is known that this RC is safe because the military physical therapists have had this model of care for many, many years.

(in reply to PTAReenie)
Post #: 2
RE: RC 3-11 - July 31, 2011 5:51:18 PM   
PTAReenie

Thanks for your reply SJBird55....I feel like RC 3-11 is impending doom for alot of PTAs'.

(in reply to SJBird55)
Post #: 3
RE: RC 3-11 - March 2, 2012 8:35:54 PM   
lee9786

Will this open up opportunities for employment of PT aides?  If so in what type of settings?  

(in reply to SJBird55)
Post #: 4
RE: RC 3-11 - March 2, 2012 9:10:29 PM   
lee9786

Doesn't the authority of this going into practice fall to the state level?

(in reply to PTAReenie)
Post #: 5
RE: RC 3-11 - March 7, 2012 9:19:37 AM   
Tom Reeves DPT ATC

The way I read it, it has nothing to do with how we will actually practice. First and foremost, it is only an investigation of possible variations to the existing model of care. Second, it has no direct impact on state practice acts. Third, it has no direct impact on reimbursement and insurance company policies and procedures. I don't think it will amount to a hill of beans once it is all done.

The APTA may simply be mollifying the NATA since they have been pushing to get ATCs cleared to treat Medicare patients in the clinics. They are probably simply investigating whether or not it is a good idea.

(in reply to lee9786)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Open Forum >> RC 3-11 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote