My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Graston Technique

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Manual Therapy >> Graston Technique Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Graston Technique - May 5, 2011 8:51:42 PM   
johseb9706

Has anyone used the graston technique or the ASTYM treatments for soft tissue injuries
Post #: 1
RE: Graston Technique - March 12, 2013 4:53:37 PM   
LeBauerPT

I know this is an old thread, however, I've seen these used in the clinic. They are just Gua Sha or soft tissue mobilization repackaged with a protocol and a name that you pay to "rent" the tools and/or technique on a yearly basis. Why pay to learn a technique, then pay an ongoing fee to be able to use or tell people that you use that technique? There are many other forms of soft tissue mobilization and myofascial release and Gua Sha that are just as good if not better where you don't have to pay a licensing fee. I also feel that using a metal tool can allow the therapist be too aggressive. I feel my hands are a better gague of what pressure to use. There is no reason to bruise patients for them to heal and get better.
Aaron

Discover what it takes to succeed with a Cash Based Physical Therapy Practice.

(in reply to johseb9706)
Post #: 2
RE: Graston Technique - March 13, 2013 11:00:02 AM   
proud

quote:

ORIGINAL: LeBauerPT

I know this is an old thread, however, I've seen these used in the clinic. They are just Gua Sha or soft tissue mobilization repackaged with a protocol and a name that you pay to "rent" the tools and/or technique on a yearly basis. Why pay to learn a technique, then pay an ongoing fee to be able to use or tell people that you use that technique? There are many other forms of soft tissue mobilization and myofascial release and Gua Sha that are just as good if not better where you don't have to pay a licensing fee. I also feel that using a metal tool can allow the therapist be too aggressive. I feel my hands are a better gague of what pressure to use. There is no reason to bruise patients for them to heal and get better.
Aaron

Just an FYI...in your cash based practice link...you used the wrong "whether".

Might want to fix that in light of the context you are talking about (highly educated PT's)....

(in reply to LeBauerPT)
Post #: 3
RE: Graston Technique - March 14, 2013 8:15:18 PM   
Fiveoboy11

Fix your own grammar before you criticize. Why don't you mock his doctorate now.

(in reply to proud)
Post #: 4
RE: Graston Technique - March 14, 2013 10:58:47 PM   
Chocco

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/the-graston-technique-inducing-microtrauma-with-instruments/

A nice critical look at Graston Technique ( which is definitely just a chiropractor ripping off Gus Sha)

(in reply to johseb9706)
Post #: 5
RE: Graston Technique - March 15, 2013 6:00:49 PM   
Tom Reeves DPT ATC

you are a punk wherever you post.

(in reply to Fiveoboy11)
Post #: 6
RE: Graston Technique - April 26, 2013 9:45:10 PM   
Niko

Another (useless)tool for our toolbox.

(in reply to Tom Reeves DPT ATC)
Post #: 7
RE: Graston Technique - September 16, 2013 12:09:49 PM   
Optimum

You do realize that Graston is not a chiropractic technique, right? Although there are DC's that use IAST techniques, it was not created by a DC.

(in reply to Chocco)
Post #: 8
RE: Graston Technique - January 4, 2016 7:33:54 AM   
MichaelD

I use GT in daily basis. There is always this discussion about hands vs instruments. Instruments are great adjunct if a therapist knows how to benefit from them. I also own many IASTM tools like AdhesionTool, KiHealthConcept K tools, Dolphin tool, few HawkGrips, M2T Blade.

There are so many manufacturers nowadays, most advanced tools that I recommend are:

AdhesionTool ( www.physioneers.com )

and

M2T Blade ( http://m2tblade.com/ )

MichaelD

< Message edited by MichaelD -- January 4, 2016 7:35:40 AM >

(in reply to Optimum)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Manual Therapy >> Graston Technique Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search