My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Any Advice? Local Hospital & Physicians DICTATING Where Their Patient Go for PT

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Any Advice? Local Hospital & Physicians DICTATING Where Their Patient Go for PT Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any Advice? Local Hospital & Physicians DICTATING Where... - March 11, 2011 10:35:53 PM   
AbelowDS

Our facility is situated midway between two medium-sized hospitals. Both hospitals are owned by the same company. We've recently been getting calls from past patients that they want to come see us. They had some form of joint replacement, the inpatient therapist and their surgeon told them they HAD TO have post-op PT at the hospital. Not knowing that they could go anywhere they wanted (including returning to our facility) they did what the inpatient PT and the MD told them THEY HAD TO DO.

It's not just that they're getting terrible care; they don't know that they have a choice. Seems unethical to me. In Massachusetts, it may even be against the law (I'm checking into this...)

Any advice what to do about this?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Any Advice? Local Hospital & Physicians DICTATING W... - March 14, 2011 8:34:52 PM   
SJBird55

The best thing you can do is educate those in your community about their choice... empower them to choose their physical therapist based on their needs. AND educate every single patient you treat about their choice...

(in reply to AbelowDS)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Any Advice? Local Hospital & Physicians DICTATING Where Their Patient Go for PT Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search