My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Need Recommendation(s) on Medical Billing Agency

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Need Recommendation(s) on Medical Billing Agency Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need Recommendation(s) on Medical Billing Agency - February 10, 2011 7:50:53 AM   
dfpt

Hello all,

Can anyone make a recommendation for a medical billing agency/service with which you are having a good experience?
Names, contact numbers and any other feedback would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

-Dave
Post #: 1
RE: Need Recommendation(s) on Medical Billing Agency - February 10, 2011 8:39:58 AM   
SJBird55

Rehab Management Services.... Jim Hall
http://rehabmgmt.com/default.aspx

If you have been on PTManager Listserve... Jim is one of the few non-PT's that responds.  He is a definite advocate for our profession. If you are at CSM, I know he's here - not sure if he's at a booth though.

(in reply to dfpt)
Post #: 2
RE: Need Recommendation(s) on Medical Billing Agency - March 11, 2011 10:51:49 PM   
AbelowDS

My personal opinion is to do it yourself. Do you really want to give away a percentage of your business for someone else to do your billing for you? And if you do, how well do you think you can know about your financials if someone else is looking after it. And do you think some outside company is going to care as much about getting YOUR money in than you do?

(in reply to dfpt)
Post #: 3
RE: Need Recommendation(s) on Medical Billing Agency - March 14, 2011 9:19:14 PM   
SJBird55

Do it yourself? That's a headache... codes and regulations change. I personally LOVE paying someone to do it so I don't have to have the stress of worrying and making sure I am perfectly in sinc with the billing world! The contract with my biller - he only gets paid on what is paid. He cares...

(in reply to AbelowDS)
Post #: 4
RE: Need Recommendation(s) on Medical Billing Agency - March 22, 2011 11:18:08 PM   
Physiogenius

quote:

ORIGINAL: SJBird55

Do it yourself? That's a headache... codes and regulations change. I personally LOVE paying someone to do it so I don't have to have the stress of worrying and making sure I am perfectly in sinc with the billing world! The contract with my biller - he only gets paid on what is paid. He cares...

I like your style!

(in reply to SJBird55)
Post #: 5
RE: Need Recommendation(s) on Medical Billing Agency - May 24, 2011 9:39:52 AM   
OH_PT

I am not sure if this thread is dead, but I totally agree with DIY! We outsourced our billing for the first 5 years of practice, but then decided to invest in learning how to do it ourselves once we were paying the equivalent of three full time staff to a billing company that really wasn't doing a stellar job. To our dismay we quickly realized that technology has gotten so good we could have two part-time staffers (my sister in-laws) handle the workload of three outpatient clinics and still do a better job than the billing company we were using.

With free clearinghouse services and software companies selling electronic billing and patient accounting software for low monthly fees or a one time purchase under $1,500 we are able to provide better service to our patients and collect on more insurance claims with better follow up than we ever could with a billing company. The traditional billing company business model has not changed to match the current technological advances.

Also, please don't let fear dictate how you handle to billing and collections. In 10 years of operations our therapist owned private practice expanded to multiple locations in two states and I would say we have had to spend less than a couple hours a year making sure our systems were up to date with insurance regulations and compliant. We allowed fear and ignorance to cost us tens of thousands of dollars each year for the first five years until we decided to educate ourselves and now we have developed our billing systems to such a high level of efficiency that we are teach other providers how to either bring their billing in-house or improve their existing systems.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to respond to this thread or email me directly.

Thanks
Tony

PS: If you absolutely refuse to do it your self I can make some suggestions regarding a couple billing providers that are owned by physical therapists and only do PT billing. I can also make suggestions on what a billing provider should offer in regards to services that makes them more than just a drain on your clinic. I am sure you didn't go into business and assume all the risk and liability in order to pay a billing company 6-7% of your gross collections without them contributing to your success and growth.

(in reply to dfpt)
Post #: 6
RE: Need Recommendation(s) on Medical Billing Agency - June 21, 2011 10:37:59 PM   
expertbiller

Physician Reimbursement Services, Inc. 928-214-1070 or 800-898-2241 Flagstaff Arizona.

All they do is orthopaedics, PT, ortho trauma coding and billing.
Can do all billing remote, great people, reasonable price, will fight for your patients. They can get auths and track # of visits. Do not burden yourself trying to do this. A lot of work you never know if an inhouse biller really knows their stuff pay % of collections only. They do'nt get paid if you don't get paid huge incentive. Look for AAPC certified coder. Check out the upcomming ICD-10 system. It will drive you nuts. They can teach you fast. They will keep an eye on your coding an let you know what the industry standards are. They will come to your office and do a personal interview train your staff and you too all included in % of collections no more. They will reveiw your insurance contracts and make recommendations. Call them today.

(in reply to dfpt)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Need Recommendation(s) on Medical Billing Agency Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search