My Subscription
  My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> 2011 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2011 - November 17, 2010 7:32:10 PM   
hmgross

Just wondering how others out there with small solo practices feel about some of the proposed changes in the coming year. It sounds like MPPR is going to happen and I worry about other reimbursement "cuts" that may be lurking in the near future. Thoughts?

Holly Gross PT
Post #: 1
RE: 2011 - December 1, 2010 2:44:05 PM   
SSPTnFL

HM,
I wouldn't get too caught up in this just yet. A 1 month extension has already been passed. You need to remember that most of the major hits aren't scheduled to occur until 2013-14 and if approval ratings are any indication of the 2012 election, there will be a change to the GOP in 2012. !st item on his/her agenda will be complete reversal of Obama Care and with a GOP controlled house and likely senate after 2012 elections, this will get done quickly. In order to minimize the potential damage that may occur with the pricing changes now effective 2/1/11, I would advise you to review the AMA CPT definitions in range of 97110 through 97530 and compare to your facilities fee schedules for the highest % of payers seen in your clinic. You can probably increase your NRV a good amount with some better coding and billing practices.

(in reply to hmgross)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> 2011 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search