My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Mulligan MWM for the hip

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Manual Therapy >> Mulligan MWM for the hip Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mulligan MWM for the hip - September 17, 2010 5:35:10 AM   
Kongen

Some questions regarding Mulligans mobilisation with movement for restricted hip movement (lateral glide with belt + flexion / internal rotation).

What's your experience with this technique?
Do you find it effective in improving active and passive ROM?
Number of repetitions? Number of sessions?

Any research out there? (a quick search revealed nothing..)
Post #: 1
RE: Mulligan MWM for the hip - December 12, 2011 12:48:16 PM   
tal.b

Kongen-
I try this technique a lot with pts presenting with passive restriction internal rotation, at 90 hip flx... I find it to work really well, but if (like all mulligan techniques) if there is no carry-over the next few sessions usually abandon the technique. I do it passive, far hand inside the belt and sustaining lateral glide, usually reps up to 3x10 mobs. opens up PROM well, as far as AROM you could have them moving with you on an extra set post mobs while still doing the glide... you can also help AROM by maintaining the same lateral glide while they are standing doing a step up/squat/whatever they have pain with (not specific to the int. rot you mentioned, but if they have pain with something functional, then no pain with the glide, have them do 3 sets 10 maintaing the glide and retest without... the guidelines are must be relatively painfree, and have carry over). Theres a new text called Mobilisation with Movement; the Art and Science, that has mostly case studies and theory/background on positional faults... dont have it with me but Ill check on specifics

(in reply to Kongen)
Post #: 2
RE: Mulligan MWM for the hip - December 12, 2011 2:14:09 PM   
rwillcott

I use this technique a lot with hips and find it uesful. 

tal.b,

How new is this text?  Do you know where I can get a copy?

(in reply to tal.b)
Post #: 3
RE: Mulligan MWM for the hip - December 12, 2011 4:21:36 PM   
tal.b

rwillcott-
its hot off the press- 2011
http://www.amazon.com/Mobilisation-Movement-Vicenzino-BPhty-Sports/dp/0729538958

there is a link to it on Amazon, i think there are a few websites you can order it from

(in reply to rwillcott)
Post #: 4
RE: Mulligan MWM for the hip - December 13, 2011 4:57:41 PM   
rwillcott

That's awesome.  Thanks! I have the cd-rom with many of the techniques however, I like the case studies in this text.

(in reply to tal.b)
Post #: 5
RE: Mulligan MWM for the hip - December 21, 2011 5:00:43 AM   
Alice Cooper

While performing manual therapy techniques, there are contraindications to treatment and should be respected at all times. This treatment is always guided by the rule of never causing pain. But while using this therapy in the extremities we should strictly abide by the basic rules of application of manual therapy techniques.
Before performing this treatment procedure, it is important to identify the signs of loss of joint movement, pain associated with movement, or pain associated with specific functional activities. 

(in reply to rwillcott)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Manual Therapy >> Mulligan MWM for the hip Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search