My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Medicare Therapy Cap Exception

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Medicare Therapy Cap Exception Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Medicare Therapy Cap Exception - January 3, 2010 4:16:43 AM   
goodlooks58

Has the sky eventually fallen on private practise owners?! Jan1st we are loosing the Therapy cap exception. Hopspital outpatient is not affected. How come PTs on this chat group are not discussing this topic? Seems no one is distraught about this issue! Or are we the ostrich with our head in the sand?
Post #: 1
RE: Medicare Therapy Cap Exception - January 3, 2010 7:50:56 AM   
SJBird55

Apparently, the reason it is in place is legislators did not believe including the exemption process was necessary because in their eyes it is highly unlikely anyone would eat up the cap from Jan to March.  I'm in agreement with them.  I have hardly ever had to use a KX modifier in that length of time.  So... I'm not getting my panties in a bundle over it.  

(in reply to goodlooks58)
Post #: 2
RE: Medicare Therapy Cap Exception - January 7, 2010 12:00:16 AM   
hmgross

I'm with SJ really don't use the modifier much and certainly not before March!

Holly Gross PT

(in reply to SJBird55)
Post #: 3
RE: Medicare Therapy Cap Exception - January 7, 2010 9:44:13 PM   
mhberk

All of this is very new to me.  Is the cap for the entire year or is it just for the three month period?

(in reply to SJBird55)
Post #: 4
RE: Medicare Therapy Cap Exception - January 8, 2010 6:37:23 AM   
SJBird55

I have one freak issue where I might need to use modifier... depends... she just started being treated for 2 body parts... that kind of thing can eat into the cap, potentially.

(in reply to mhberk)
Post #: 5
RE: Medicare Therapy Cap Exception - January 8, 2010 6:39:16 AM   
SJBird55

How about a real issue that pisses me off... Currently all the claims sent to Medicare will just sit in a holding bin or something... just sit there until January 15th and then they will all get dumped into the system and begin getting processed.  Medicare isn't making any payments on claims submitted between now and January 15 until after the 15th.  In my eyes... that just isn't right.  We did the service and the payer should be trying to pay us as quickly as possible...

(in reply to SJBird55)
Post #: 6
RE: Medicare Therapy Cap Exception - January 9, 2010 11:22:32 AM   
hmgross

In my first year in private practice (2005) I had a notice from medicare (WPS) that I payments would be held in accordance with their "balanced budget act" so something like that. I remember thinking--wow must be nice. I would like to tell the mortage company the same thing when my funds run a bit low, but I can't do that now, can I?? The cap frustrates the crap out of me. I have had patients see me late in the year, they had a big chunk of therapy somewhere else and I have nothing left. Try getting patients to understand that!

Holly Gross PT

(in reply to SJBird55)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Medicare Therapy Cap Exception Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search