My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Home care agency hell

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Home care agency hell Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Home care agency hell - May 13, 2009 5:36:16 AM   
Ed

We are a private PT office and every time we call a certain home care agency to check if a patients case has been terminated we get the runaround.  Initially we call Medicare to check a patients eligibility and if Medicare states that a homecare is currently open we then call the agency to check the status of the case. Most of the agencies we call are very cooperative and provide us with a letter veryfying that the patient was discharged  on  a certain date. But there is one agency in particular which has proven to be very difficult to deal with.  They don?t provide any basic information as they hold everything close to the vest.  Our calls get forwarded on and on and no-one returns the calls.  It is the only agency which gives us a problem.  All I want to know if they have the case open or closed and its an absolute nightmare to get an answer.  They are rude and don?t want to provide any assistance at all.  Are there any compliance laws?  Any suggestions on how I can get them to comply.
Post #: 1
RE: Home care agency hell - May 13, 2009 11:33:25 AM   
SJBird55

Well, politely let them know that since they aren't communicating the status of the case, you'll be sending a bill to them.  If the case is open, they are responsible for the care of the patient and are responsible for the bills.  Ask them where they would like you to mail the bill AND that you expect payment in full since you do not have a contract with them.  LOL

(in reply to Ed)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Home care agency hell Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search