RehabEdge Physical Therapy Forum

Forums  Register  Login  Forgot Login?
  My Profile 
My Subscription
  My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Anyone ever heard of "The Hesch Method" ?

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Open Forum >> Anyone ever heard of "The Hesch Method" ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anyone ever heard of "The Hesch Method" ? - February 22, 2009 4:16:46 PM   
l_a

just got a flyer for a the above course.

Never heard of it. That doesn't mean it's not any good, but I don't want to blow $500.00+ on something that's pretty much useless.

thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Anyone ever heard of "The Hesch Method" ? - February 23, 2009 4:23:09 AM   
Synergy

I have personally never heard of it, but here's a website that might prove informative. 

Chris Adams, PT, MPT

(in reply to l_a)
Post #: 2
RE: Anyone ever heard of "The Hesch Method" ? - February 23, 2009 3:03:18 PM   
l_a

thanks Chris.
I don't see the link, but I did go to the seminars home page.

I guess my question is more if someone here had gone and if they thought it was worth it.

(in reply to Synergy)
Post #: 3
RE: Anyone ever heard of "The Hesch Method" ? - February 23, 2009 3:40:06 PM   
Sebastian Asselbergs

...move your cursor over Chris's word "here's" and bingo - link to the site.

< Message edited by Sebastian Asselbergs -- February 23, 2009 3:47:36 PM >

Mundi vult decipi

(in reply to l_a)
Post #: 4
RE: Anyone ever heard of "The Hesch Method" ? - February 23, 2009 4:02:19 PM   
rwillcott

I have never heard of the method.  If you looking closely at the reference list you'll see that there are no high quality studies performed on the method.  Instead it is a list of presentations and unpublished work.  Doesn't mean it not a great technique.  However, it's not evidence based.

(in reply to Sebastian Asselbergs)
Post #: 5
RE: Anyone ever heard of "The Hesch Method" ? - February 24, 2009 3:40:23 AM   
Synergy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sebastian Asselbergs

...move your cursor over Chris's word "here's" and bingo - link to the site.

Thanks Bas!

Chris Adams, PT, MPT

(in reply to Sebastian Asselbergs)
Post #: 6
RE: Anyone ever heard of "The Hesch Method" ? - February 24, 2009 3:55:10 AM   
l_a

thanks sebastion.
didn't think of that!

(in reply to Synergy)
Post #: 7
RE: Anyone ever heard of "The Hesch Method" ? - February 24, 2009 6:25:35 AM   
Diane

Links definitely do not show up here easily. If you put one in, it's a good idea to underline the linked word, and change the color as well. You have to do it manually as the site seems to not be set up to do that automatically.

(in reply to l_a)
Post #: 8
RE: Anyone ever heard of "The Hesch Method" ? - February 27, 2009 3:39:35 PM   
grifffdog

Saw him in San Diego years ago, was the model for his brief presentation. He diagnosed me with several pelvic problems which he felt should cause pain based on palpatory findings only. I had none of the pain he felt I should have, nor did treatment of such make me feel any different with AROM LB, hips, LE, etc afterwards.
  N=1, no degrees of freedom. My experirnce only.
  Grifffdog

(in reply to l_a)
Post #: 9
RE: Anyone ever heard of "The Hesch Method" ? - January 25, 2013 12:41:57 PM   
jerryhesch

Here is a link to research supporting Hesch Method. http://www.heschinstitute.com/research-supporting-hesch-method.html Since 2009 we have done much, such as presented 3 case studiesatt he World Congress on LB & Pelvic Pain, just submitted 3 abstracts for the upcoming 2013 congress, published a bvook chapter on sacral torsion with 147 references. LuAnne Olson DPT did a thesis on Hesch Method and Theresa Kraemer PhD, PT, ATC also has done several research projects on this body of work. I submit that the 1958 Muscle Energy model of sacroiliac joint mechanics is seriously flawed (Fred Mitchell Sr) and sadly, clinicians take MET courses and "discover the sacroiliac". The mechanics of the pelvic must be given complete consideration, and we make that distinction. Much of what well-intentioned clinicians call sacroiliac joint dysfunction has little to do with the SIj as causative; much to do with the pelvis as a unit with which once weight-beariung such as during walking does not incurr motion inside the SIJ (Sturreson et al, Eglund et al) and no evidence exists to show that repositioning occurs with so-called SIJ mobilization. However, there is a small subset of patients that have bona fide pain and functional impairments and should not be ignored. Treatment needs to evolve, same for diagnostic processes and no joint in the body has a perfect set of evaluative and treatment criterea. It is what it is and we must continue to tackle complex topics and facilitate research. I am active in that process. Here is a list of the 3 abstracts submitted for the 2013 congress. I invite your participation.

Hesch J. 2013 Survey of orthopedic research on optimal placement of pelvic supports for sacroiliac instability and pubic symphysis diastasis.

Hesch J. 2013 Predictive value of passive pelvic motion testing in early inflammatory spondylarthropathy and correlation with sacroiliac fusion validated with CT.

Hesch J. 2013 Obstetric pubic symphyseal diastasis: imaging support of a novel biomechanical model.

Jerry Hesch, MHS, PT

With best regards
Jerry Hesch, MHS PT
www.heschmethod.com
www.heschmanualtherapy.coom

(in reply to grifffdog)
Post #: 10
RE: Anyone ever heard of "The Hesch Method" ? - January 26, 2013 10:40:10 AM   
Chocco

quote:

ORIGINAL: jerryhesch

However, there is a small subset of patients that have bona fide pain and functional impairments and should not be ignored. Treatment needs to evolve, same for diagnostic processes and no joint in the body has a perfect set of evaluative and treatment criterea. It is what it is

Jerry Hesch, MHS, PT

What makes pain "bona fide" ?
Where is the pain coming from?

(in reply to jerryhesch)
Post #: 11
RE: Anyone ever heard of "The Hesch Method" ? - October 23, 2013 2:39:23 AM   
Mike Wilson

As per my knowledge, it is a method by which you are able to put all your joints into place by accessing each joints and releasing the tight muscles that is pulling joints out of place. After practicing this method, you get to release all the joints and feel relaxed. The Hesch Method is considered as unique Orthopedic Massage Therapy used for the treatment of back pain. So it’s a good method only for those who are having severe problem of joint pains.

(in reply to l_a)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Open Forum >> Anyone ever heard of "The Hesch Method" ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search