My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

new private practice

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> new private practice Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
new private practice - November 22, 2008 6:37:03 PM   
mwells144

After working at a private outpatient practice for 4 years I am motivated to begin the process of developing a business plan for my own future private practice...problem is where do I begin.  Thankfully I have made lots of good contacts with the docs and feel confident in my skills but it is the technical crap that i don't have a good handle on ie 1) how do I begin to set up contracts with insurance groups
2) how do I shop for benefit packages for future employees  3) how do I get a handle on where to send out charges or handle EOBs  4)do i do it all myself or try to hire a office manager of another clinic that has a better handle on this       Just thoughts on where to begin my education on "the other side" of PT....any help/advice is much appreciated
Post #: 1
RE: new private practice - February 3, 2009 7:01:29 PM   
Buckeyes93

I would love to talk to you about the steps.  I'm in the process of opening my 26th and 27th clinics so can help you cheat the learning curve and most importantly, implement compliant and efficient systems.  Most people who go into private practice absolutely love it but there are risks of course.  If you have the referral source and compliant/efficient systems in place, management of your business and your practice becomes much more rewarding.  

Lee Burkam, PT, SCS, ATC
Burkam & Associates, LLC
Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy
www.burkamrehab.com
www.basportsmedicine.com
www.adayatthebeachllc.com

(in reply to mwells144)
Post #: 2
RE: new private practice - February 6, 2009 4:41:06 AM   
webrehab

Mwells,

With respect to setting up insurance contracts, I recommend you contact the www.apta.org or visit www.ppsapta.org.

I would be happy to help you with setting up your corporate identity/brand (logo, business card, letterhead, referral pad, brochure), help you with your marketing strategy, website, newsletters, customer service, and more.  I have helped clients in 46 states and Canada so I know that myself and members will be a great resource for you.

Lee obviously has it worked out but it isn't as easy as he may suggest.  It takes a lot of work, serious commitment, a good business and marketing plan too.

Give me a call if I can help 1-800-468-5161 x 1101.
www.e-rehab.com

David Straight, MPT, OCS

(in reply to Buckeyes93)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> new private practice Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search