RehabEdge Physical Therapy Forum

Forums  Register  Login  Forgot Login?
  My Profile 
My Subscription
  My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Tips for dealing with feeling burned out?

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Students >> Tips for dealing with feeling burned out? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tips for dealing with feeling burned out? - September 27, 2008 3:59:05 PM   
ptgrad09

Are there any students out there that have tips for managing the feeling of burnout?
If you do, it would be great to hear them!

< Message edited by ptgrad09 -- October 1, 2008 8:19:46 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Tips for dealing with feeling burned out? - October 5, 2008 5:07:01 PM   
jma

Going to the school gym and doing laps on the pool did it for me. Others, mostly the females hit the spa and/or yoga/pilates class. One tip I did learn was thatf I was going to take a break, I would take the rest of the day off. Working out and then going back to the books didn't work for me. You need to decompress and get a good nights sleep and then pick up where you left off the next day.

(in reply to ptgrad09)
Post #: 2
RE: Tips for dealing with feeling burned out? - February 20, 2009 4:57:10 PM   
AngelaPT22

Working out at the gym really helped out, just go out and get all that stress out of you.  Try and take a break by doing something nice for yourself when you've just read a chapter in the book for one of your classes or an article.  Something I do, is stop for about 20 minues or so and do a hobby like crafting, or scrapbooking, or taking a short bike ride around the neighborhood.  One thing that I think gets people so burnt out is that they focus so much on the grades instead of how much they know.  Who is going to care a year after you graduate if you received a 100 or a 90 for that A grade?  For that matter, who cares if you even have a B+!!  It matters how much you know and how good a clinician you will be, not how well you take a test.  I sincerely hope this helps out, I've been fighting burnout for a little bit, as I took the long route to get into PT school with 3 years off in-between!

(in reply to ptgrad09)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Students >> Tips for dealing with feeling burned out? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search