My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Measurable Solutions

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Measurable Solutions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Measurable Solutions - September 17, 2008 11:38:55 PM   
IrishPT08

I have been receiving notices/marketing things from Measurable Solutions promising huge increases in referrals and patient visits without knocking on doors of doctors, providing lunches, and other marketing approaches that most of us have probably done in Private Practice. Has anyone used measurable solutions for their services, or know of anyone who has, and had any input/insight as to this interesting approach.
Post #: 1
RE: Measurable Solutions - September 18, 2008 1:33:05 AM   
SJBird55

I'm not sure what their "interesting" approach is... I do know that I throw out many, many pieces of paper from them.  Maybe they should follow their own business advice and target someone who is interested in them.  They waste a lot of trees with their numerous postcards and their letters.  You'd think after a few mailings and no response from me they'd drop me from their mailing list... but no... I get their crap all the time.

(Edit... AND it is really a waste because I don't even open any of it up or read any of it!)

< Message edited by SJBird55 -- September 18, 2008 1:37:29 AM >

(in reply to IrishPT08)
Post #: 2
RE: Measurable Solutions - September 18, 2008 3:48:01 AM   
Soleman

They are big into scientology.

(in reply to SJBird55)
Post #: 3
RE: Measurable Solutions - September 18, 2008 8:12:35 PM   
Tom Reeves DPT ATC

I agree with SJ on this one.  i was foolish enough to get on their mailing list and now I get 2 pieces of mail a week from them.  If it is less than that, it doesn't seem like it.  I don't read them either. 

PS  to Shawn Kirk - if you are reading this, take me off of your mailing  list.

(in reply to Soleman)
Post #: 4
RE: Measurable Solutions - September 18, 2008 10:19:00 PM   
SJBird55

Tom, I didn't ask or sign up or anything for their crap.  It keeps on a coming though... drives me nuts.  They are about as bad as Ingenix.  Do you realize how much crap Ingenix sends?  I ordered one book and now I'm forever bound to receive their crap.  It took MONTHS to get off their phone list.  We finally no longer get the phone calls!  The marketing books that I have read indicate that from a business perspective you want to target people actually interested in your product.... if there isn't a response after a few attempts, trash the contact info because it isn't worth the time or money to continue to pursue the uninterested party.  In a backwards way, you know who pays for the marketing by Measurable Solutions, don't ya?  Every customer... I mean, that company has to inflate prices to their customers big time to cover their marketing costs!  I'd actually be afraid to contact them for information because I'd assume they'd step up their communications to an unbearable level!!!

(in reply to Tom Reeves DPT ATC)
Post #: 5
RE: Measurable Solutions - September 19, 2008 1:32:01 PM   
Tom Reeves DPT ATC

we will probably get sued for defamation of character by Measurable Solutions now.  Has anyone heard of any more movement on the Barnes suit (threat)?

(in reply to SJBird55)
Post #: 6
RE: Measurable Solutions - September 19, 2008 9:26:37 PM   
FL_PT

I posted about these guys in the past, so here is a summary.  Yes, they are completely involved with Scientology.  They actually license the rights to teach these courses from the Church of Scientology.  There are a couple other groups like them, I think IndyFree is another Scientology consulting group marketing to PT?s, Chiro?s, Dentist?s, Etc. 

My partner and I started with the New Patient Course, then decided to purchase the full list of 9 or 12 courses.  We did it around 3 yrs ago at a time when our clinics were growing extremely fast and we couldn?t keep up with the business aspect. 

I would say the best part about the experience is it forced us to take time out of the clinic to focus on improving our systems and business structure.  I certainly wouldn?t say they teach anything you wouldn?t learn from non-scientology based education systems for a lot less money.  The most obvious plus is you don?t deal with the L. Ron Hubbard propaganda throughout the literature. 

I would highly recommend Emyth as an alternative course that is a fraction of the cost.  I would be happy to talk to anyone about how we effectively applied those systems to a physical therapy practice, and how we did make the most of our MS experience. 

In regards to the New Patient Course, it is nothing more than a direct mailing campaign.  It is basically a system that sends physicians in your area a letter a week for 4 weeks, then a letter a month for the next 6 months.  That?s it.  I just saved you $1,000 or whatever they are charging these days.

Good luck.

(in reply to IrishPT08)
Post #: 7
RE: Measurable Solutions - September 24, 2008 1:47:21 AM   
Soleman

Just a word re: Indefree...I have been to the course...very good and no Scientology.

(in reply to FL_PT)
Post #: 8
RE: Measurable Solutions - March 9, 2009 3:49:42 PM   
kc8386

I  did the New Patient Course and the Executive Training offered by Measurable Solutions. As a result I grew my practice by nearly four times, finally learned how to manage it and then sold it so that I could pursue my dream of starting another company. Yes they use a management technology developed by L. Ron Hubbard and no they are not part of the Church of Scientology. I found the entire staff of Measurable Solutions to be caring and knowledgable people who truly want to help private practice PTs.

(in reply to IrishPT08)
Post #: 9
RE: Measurable Solutions - September 30, 2009 12:19:57 AM   
Tom Peterson

Just trolling through old posts here...

My employer sent me to their patients out the wazoo course. Complete waste of time. Basically, it was run by those practicing scientology. Whether or not it was officially run by it, I don't know, but it was just a "weird" place to be and I was approached twice during break time by a member who tried discussing scientology with me. And, to show off, the guys hosting the stuff drove their suped up Porsches and Aston Martins to the course.

Basically, like what was said before, their whole idea was to mail-spam all the local doctors. That's basically it and you pay $1,000 for it and spend a few hundred more on postage for mailing out hundreds of letters each week. My employer even hired someone part-time to do it. The pts we brought in with it never passed the money that was put in after 3 years, and we made a few local doctors mad with the mass mailings and might have lost referals in the long run.

My employer fell into their trap of taking their next step in courses which ended up costing around $32,000+ for something like 12 weekends. She told me that was a complete waste of time and she didn't even attend the last weekend of it. (And then I figured out why they drive such nice cars. A sucker is born everyday I guess.)

You can get your associates degree in business for that price, and that applies for more than "just PT". I would look elsewhere.

< Message edited by Tom Peterson -- September 30, 2009 12:26:50 AM >

(in reply to kc8386)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Measurable Solutions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search