My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

suggestions for ankle brace

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Sports & Fitness >> suggestions for ankle brace Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
suggestions for ankle brace - May 2, 2008 11:48:01 PM   
becky

Hi all,

Any recommendations on ankle braces you like (for inversion sprains)?  Looking for one that is good for sports, like golfing.

It's been a while since I've worked in outpt ortho and a friend is asking me for suggestions.

Thanks!

Becky, PT
Post #: 1
RE: suggestions for ankle brace - May 3, 2008 4:21:36 PM   
jma

There are plenty out there. One of my collegues showed me one from a patient. It is called the F8 ankle brace and it is located at this website: http://www.sammonspreston.com/Supply/Product.asp?Leaf_Id=56300711

I'm sure others can give you other options. This one caught my eye when I saw it.

(in reply to becky)
Post #: 2
RE: suggestions for ankle brace - May 8, 2008 5:03:17 PM   
buckeye

For a golfer, the ankle brace used may be a matter of convenience for donning, cost, fit in the shoe, etc. rather than based on performance to stabilize the ankle. I think many of the research studies look at stabilization, speed, vertical leap, and so forth. Although a brace that performs best for more active sports like soccer, basketball, and football may be a good brace for everyone, there may be a brace that is less expensive that will be OK for a golfer.

In general, you shold probably look for a lace-up brace and probably with some sort of velcro straps. There are many names that are probably similar in quality - ASO, Swedo, Active Ankle, Air Cast, Rocket Sock and others.

I like the ASO.

(in reply to jma)
Post #: 3
RE: suggestions for ankle brace - June 10, 2008 5:03:40 PM   
Buckeyes93

The "cadillac" of ankle braces is the ASO.  It mimics an ankle tape job, is comfortable, low profile and will last a full rigorous sports season.  For golf, it should last several years and should fit comfortably in a golf shoe.  Most professional athletes choose this brace and you can get them for under $50.  We carry them in our sports medicine store and it's our most popular item.  http://www.basportsmedicine.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MS%2D2640

Lee Burkam, PT, SCS, ATC
Burkam & Associates, LLC
Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy
www.burkamrehab.com
www.basportsmedicine.com
www.adayatthebeachllc.com

(in reply to becky)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Sports & Fitness >> suggestions for ankle brace Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search