Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Students >> Some help please :) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some help please :) - March 24, 2008 12:16:54 AM   
jesse14

I know the majority of people here are American PT's but I have a question about the University of Alberta. I was told a few days ago that i was placed on the waitlist of people who might be accepted to the MSc.PT program for sept. I was wondering how waitlists work? If people who got in don't accept their offer do they ask people off the list? Typically, do many people get in off of wait list? Thank you!!
Post #: 1
RE: Some help please :) - March 25, 2008 3:33:29 AM   
jma

Although I do not know how the waitlist for the University of Alberta works, however, I am aware of waitlists here in the US. A few of my classmates went through this before they were accepted in the professional phase of the program. To be specific, in my program, there were about 15 people on a waitlist. If a student was offered admission and they declined, perhaps going to another program they were accepted to, then they were removed from the list. The program had to keep space available so that they maintained their quota of 40 students when the next class started. Approximately 8 students chose not to attend my schools PT program, thus the 8 students that were on the waitlist were picked. I know that this is how it worked because I got to know all 8 of them and this is what they told me.

(in reply to jesse14)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Students >> Some help please :) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote