My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

RE: ATM2 for back rehab

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Orthopedics >> RE: ATM2 for back rehab Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: ATM2 for back rehab - April 4, 2008 12:04:09 AM   
proud

Rob,

I've heard alot of good things about the CX-tyrannosaurus massage thumper 2000.  All you need to purchase in addition is some saran wrap, gel and 10 lithium ion batteries....

(in reply to rwillcott)
Post #: 21
RE: ATM2 for back rehab - April 4, 2008 12:14:52 PM   
rwillcott

Are you still using the 'thumper' on your low back patients proud?

(in reply to proud)
Post #: 22
RE: ATM2 for back rehab - May 24, 2016 3:18:09 PM   
Stv

The fact of the matter is that there is no Gold Standard for treating Back pain. This means that as a society we really have no clue what is the right way to treat back pain. This is despite tens of thousands of pain studies that have been done over the past years. So before dismissing any technique for which you have limited to no knowledge, look in your own back yard and ask yourself what do you really have to offer.

Quote by David Duchovny
"If you're smart, you'll always be humble. You can learn all you want, but there'll always be somebody who's never read a book who'll know twice what you know."

(in reply to rwillcott)
Post #: 23
RE: ATM2 for back rehab - May 25, 2016 5:16:11 AM   
ginger

"fact of the matter", sounds confident Stv, are you always this sure of what is so ?
"gold standard", do you mean what works best?, or what others think ?, who measures such a standard ?, You?
"as a society we really have no clue what is the right way to treat back pain",
Society is not charged with the responsibility of knowing which treatments work best and or what is or isn't a "gold standard" Stv, . Those tasks are best suited to those with special interests, training and qualifications in manual and other therapy. Many of whom , can rightly claim to have the skills, experience and understanding to treat back pain very well indeed. Are you one of those ?, sounds unlikely.
I do agree that one must not dismiss what one has no understanding of, well said.
Many on forums like this are fond of dismissal without a foundation of proper experience, but then it is a forum and one should expect that.
Those that gather here and on other forums are sometimes the ones with lots of time on their hands and little to offer. You'll work it out soon enough who they are.
Fascinated as to why you would deliberately quote an American actor , in an attempt to add gravitas to your pronouncements. What ever happened to quoting scientists, policy makers, noted thinkers, did you just run out of time ?
No disrespect.
Post some more.

Geoff Fisher
Physiotherapist
South Melbourne

(in reply to Stv)
Post #: 24
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Orthopedics >> RE: ATM2 for back rehab Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search