My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Improving Scores on Board Exam

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Students >> Improving Scores on Board Exam Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Improving Scores on Board Exam - December 10, 2007 4:50:02 PM   
Canadian PT

Hi all,
So i recently failed the board exam and I'm completely devastated. I'm a good student and blah blah...
So anyways, the area I did the worst on was "interpretation and planning"
I'm trying to wrap my head around how to prepare for the next exam and I can't figure out how to improve this section. I don't know what those questions would entail and how they are asked. I know on the exam I came down to 2 options for many questions, and clearly I chose the wrong one!
I remember questions something like this:
You are performing chest PT on a patient and they are getting worse, what do you do:
a. stop treatment
b. Change treatment
c. Continue with treatment
d. Call the doctor

I was trying to be cautious and would choose call the doctor.  It would all depend on the situation and how much worse they are getting...i find it impossible to answer those types of questions.

But honestly I don't remember too many questions at all.

Can you guys please help me understand what "interpretation and planning" might involve and how I can possibly improve.
I'm so devastated and desperate for help!!!

Thanks!!

Carey
Post #: 1
RE: Improving Scores on Board Exam - March 17, 2008 6:04:20 PM   
PHS

I assume you took the American PT boards exam, otherwise my advise will be worthless.
Dont beat yourself up about it, regardless of which exam you took..dust yourself off and get back on the saddle, by now I assume youve taken it again.
All I can tell you is become highly familiar w progression of the various therapies done, and also that they fit the physical therapy scope of practice. When any of these 2 arent met, then your probably best refer to the MD. Read the entire question, keep taking practice exams.Have the faith, above all and youll do well.

Take care

(in reply to Canadian PT)
Post #: 2
RE: Improving Scores on Board Exam - March 22, 2008 9:15:18 PM   
jma

If you are taking the eam in the US, the format has changed as of March 2008. If you are taking it in the near future, you may want to know what has been changed. It would be wise to find a study group and go over questions together.

(in reply to PHS)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Students >> Improving Scores on Board Exam Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search