My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

US Physical Therapy (USPh)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> US Physical Therapy (USPh) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
US Physical Therapy (USPh) - June 28, 2006 11:34:00 PM   
sslevins

Has anyone had any experience with starting a clinic with USPh? Was it good / bad...?

Stephen Levins, PT, MSc., OCS
Post #: 1
Re: US Physical Therapy (USPh) - June 29, 2006 2:16:00 PM   
cowboybuboy

I talked to them before. They're asking questions like, what are your ties with the community? How many doctors are in your network? If you don't have enough doctors that refer patients to you, they won't accept your application. I guess my opinion is, if I have enough doctors already who refer patients to me, why would I need USPH? I believe you develop more doctors once you already own your clinic.
Plus, you're not the owner but a part owner of the clinic. Basically, you're still an employee with profit sharing.

(in reply to sslevins)
Post #: 2
Re: US Physical Therapy (USPh) - July 10, 2006 11:47:00 AM   
TLB

I know a couple of guys who started with them and wished afterwords that they would have gone it alone. Your basically running a clinic for a huge corp and they are providing the finances and giving you a decent bonus. If you are really interested I would talk to someone who is actually in the system and hopefully they will be honest with you both pro and con.

(in reply to sslevins)
Post #: 3
Re: US Physical Therapy (USPh) - July 14, 2006 1:17:00 PM   
tnt

I have first hand knowledge of USPh, and the above posts are pretty much on the money. Let me start by saying that, as far as corporate PT goes, I think they have far and away the best model available. It allows for as much autonomy in practice as possible, considering you are still responsible to share-holders. Cowboy is correct in the thinking that if you are a good candidate for USPh, you are also a candidate to start your own practice, as the qualifications are the same. The difference comes in how willing you may be to: A) put up all of the capital required and B) deal with day-to-day operations of accounting, insurance contracts, billing, HR/hiring, Medicare compliance, etc. These are the types of services USPh provides for the therapist who wants to be independent, but without many of the hassels.....along, of course, with the comfort of a (good) set salary, bonus structure, malpractice insurance, and health benefits.
I am now kicking myself for not going it alone, but hindsight is always 20/20...at the time, I was not willing to potentially sacrifice my home and family for a venture that may or may not work.
Bottom Line: If you have referral sources, available capital or credit, and are willing to take the risk, go on your own. If you are looking for a midway point between risk of owning and shackles of corporate bosses, USPh is a nice option.

(in reply to sslevins)
Post #: 4
Re: US Physical Therapy (USPh) - August 30, 2006 11:35:00 PM   
ptdan23

I am looking into partnering with USPh. I would like to talk to current or past partners. Please send me an email with your experience to dcurtis AT daemen.edu (replace AT w/ the @ when sending email - did this to prevent spam). Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Dan, PT.

(in reply to sslevins)
Post #: 5
Re: US Physical Therapy (USPh) - September 5, 2006 1:08:00 AM   
ptdan23

Anyone with any information?

Dan, PT.

(in reply to sslevins)
Post #: 6
Re: US Physical Therapy (USPh) - September 6, 2006 5:35:00 PM   
Lucien

We talked to them initially. Very glad that we didn't choose to go with them! We agree with cowboy too. Good luck opening your own clinic.

(in reply to sslevins)
Post #: 7
Re: US Physical Therapy (USPh) - September 9, 2006 1:12:00 PM   
ptdan23

Do you think it would be a good option if you needed financial backing?

(in reply to sslevins)
Post #: 8
RE: Re: US Physical Therapy (USPh) - December 23, 2010 12:15:01 PM   
NapoliPT

If you think you can do it on your own then you should, the upside is much better, and it doesnt cost as much as you think.

(in reply to ptdan23)
Post #: 9
RE: US Physical Therapy (USPh) - January 11, 2011 9:17:35 PM   
johseb9706

Does anyone have any ideas on marketing strategies eg. how many times per wk, how to approach doctors?

(in reply to sslevins)
Post #: 10
RE: US Physical Therapy (USPh) - April 8, 2011 2:43:33 PM   
SSPTnFL

Please look into Nueterra PT if you want to have an actual partnership and a high % of ownership.
www.nueterra.com and click on Physical Therapy
Contact John Sievers at 913-387-0695 to learn more and speak with current partners as references.

(in reply to johseb9706)
Post #: 11
RE: US Physical Therapy (USPh) - October 17, 2012 2:34:47 PM   
PPractice

Not pleased, if you want more info i will rpovide it privately

(in reply to SSPTnFL)
Post #: 12
RE: US Physical Therapy (USPh) - July 23, 2013 4:46:47 PM   
PPractice

I can tell you that working for a publicly traded company " usph" is nothing more than a way to find yourself micro managed to death more numbers less time more paper work less time fight tooth and nail to get any employees a raise. you will be lucky to find your self a glorified manager with big brother on you worse than the CIA. Yes that's with a 100 million dollar company a year. I bet the staff in the main office makes more than the true clinicians that have built the millions they have. does anyone not find it funny that you cant get bank statements. That they can bill " your" clinic with out you knowing. think long and hard if you have the means with networking before you open a clinic with a company that is run my people that were a part of a company that went down with health south. Nothing against south south but's all about the all mighty dollar for them not the people on the ground providing the care.

(in reply to sslevins)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> US Physical Therapy (USPh) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search