My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Re: Home based outpatient therapy

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Re: Home based outpatient therapy Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Re: Home based outpatient therapy - May 10, 2006 12:51:00 PM   
Jeffre

I'm not sure what you mean by marketing your own pts. We give our HH pts our business card and tell them to call if they need anything and to call if they ever need HH therapy again. If you mean marketing to MDs then you could certainly do that, you just have to careful for the MD to not put your name on the script.(Pt choice conflict I think) You will have to market with the HHA the most. But if you get your notes and frequency/duration to them quickly they will love you. With the population that you are looking at it seems it would be much easier to do home health.

"You are as well as your insurance company is willing to allow."
- Dr. Hibbert

(in reply to nmueller13)
Post #: 21
Re: Home based outpatient therapy - June 6, 2006 5:44:00 PM   
bhenchodh

I like the PT evaluator idea. I get paid an extra 15-20 bucks for evals on top of my regular rate for visits anyway. I like the idea so much I am gonna go and sign myself up with some local contract agencies besides my HHA contracts. Now why didn't I think of that? I like this site. Now if anyone knows of some companies that do that then please post :)
Thanks Ben.

(in reply to nmueller13)
Post #: 22
Re: Home based outpatient therapy - June 7, 2006 7:42:00 PM   
kenstack

Hey all. I just read all the above posts with the exception of skimming those that involved squabbling with MT. I am doing cash only practice going to people's homes and i do have my national provider number. That medicare application is a b**h as I made one mistake first time and was sent back all 60 pages or whatever it adds up to and was rejected a second time for small errors. It's quite a chore getting accepted to actually bill medicare at least for me.

Ken Stack, MS,PT,CSCS
Raleigh,NC

(in reply to nmueller13)
Post #: 23
Re: Home based outpatient therapy - June 9, 2006 12:25:00 PM   
bhenchodh

Ken: What are you going to do about your fee schedule if you accept Medicare? From your other post you are only charging 30 a visit for patients with copay of 30 or plus. Do you plan to stick with that for Medicare? Because you have to have a standardized fee schedule if you are accepting Medicare. You will have to charge the same to all insurances, plus your cash patients. Medicare is worth the effort. Even including the cap situation. Keep at it. Just to clarify my fee schedule, the visit costs are a lot less when we ahve to use group therapy codes with our patients.

(in reply to nmueller13)
Post #: 24
Re: Home based outpatient therapy - June 11, 2006 11:07:00 PM   
kenstack

I'm going to take it just a step at a time and just get through the medicare provider applictaion then consider legalities and my rates. I'm glad to hear Medicare is worth the effort. I believe I will have to get on board with at least BCBS as well considering how many patients have a secondary insurance they would like to use.

This is a bit devious but i'm been approached by a group who does case reviews for medicare and need a rehab reviewer. Most of it is SNF setting but there is some homecare and outpatient cases per their report. The pay is very nice and I feel it may prepare me quite well for medicare acceptance and avoid, or at least minimize, denials in the future should I take the plunge.

Ken Stack, MS,PT,CSCS
Raleigh,NC

(in reply to nmueller13)
Post #: 25
RE: Re: Home based outpatient therapy - September 29, 2017 10:23:45 PM   
GeorgiaSchubert

Did you ever start your company? I am looking to start my own right now and would love some tips on billing.

(in reply to MickeyPT)
Post #: 26
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Re: Home based outpatient therapy Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search