My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

I wonder if I can do this in Illinois?

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> I wonder if I can do this in Illinois? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I wonder if I can do this in Illinois? - January 18, 2006 6:47:00 PM   
cowboybuboy

I wonder if I can treat patients in Illinois without physician referral?
If the patient is willing to pay cash, is it okay to treat without MD referral? Let's say, I the family just wanted to have a strengthening/conditioning program, can I treat this patient even without the MD referral? Could anybody pls. email me the info?
ronald456@yahoo.com
Thanks!
Post #: 1
Re: I wonder if I can do this in Illinois? - January 19, 2006 5:19:00 PM   
KIDPT23

Unfortunately no, you cannot treat a patient in Illinois w/o a referral even if they are paying cash and you are treating them on the weekend on your own time. You are still practicing as a P.T. under your license and you have to follow the practice act. Now there are loopholes... if you have the "client" sign a waiver stating that you are not treating them as a patient and they are a client and assume all risks if they may be injured participating in your program. Also throw in something like...we recommend you see your doctor before participating in any type of exercise. This way you are providing a strength/exercise/fitness/personal training type session. If you do go this route make sure that you call HPSO and get your individual "fitness" coverage and make sure any cash collected is documented for tax purposes. Good luck!!!!

(in reply to cowboybuboy)
Post #: 2
Re: I wonder if I can do this in Illinois? - January 20, 2006 2:15:00 AM   
goodlooks58

Wow! This sounds so diificult! We do need Direct Access badly! In CA it is little bit easier as the pt. has to have sometime seen his MD about the muscle/joint problem you are seeing them.

(in reply to cowboybuboy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> I wonder if I can do this in Illinois? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search