My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Leasing Space in Private Gym

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Leasing Space in Private Gym Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Leasing Space in Private Gym - December 11, 2005 9:31:00 PM   
mgcali

Just wondering if anyone had thoughts on leasing space in a personal training gym. I was thinking it might be a good way to start and to keep overhead low as I build my business. Also, it would save on the expenses of equipment. Of course, I would want a private treatment room.

Any thoughts, suggestions, anyone else do this?
Post #: 1
Re: Leasing Space in Private Gym - December 12, 2005 7:23:00 AM   
KIDPT23

There is a big intimidation factor with some patients entering a gym environment. Some patients will not enter this type of environment.

(in reply to mgcali)
Post #: 2
Re: Leasing Space in Private Gym - December 12, 2005 7:50:00 AM   
FLAOrthoPT

i tried with LA fitness, they are known for getting ortho mds in their gym. Let's just say they were unrealistic. They wanted 10K a month for 500 square feet, and I would have to pay the build out. Screw em, if you can do it, Ithink it is an awesome place to be.
Ben

(in reply to mgcali)
Post #: 3
Re: Leasing Space in Private Gym - December 12, 2005 8:18:00 AM   
mgcali

Kid - I had thought of that factor especially for older patients. The setup I would contemplate is to rent space in a private, personal training gym (maybe 4000 sq ft or so). It would be ideal for younger patients/athletes or those wanting to move on to a trainer post rehab.

Just kicking around ideas to help keep overhead low at the start. This is an exciting yet scary process.

Off topic, on avg., what does Medicare pay per visit? Also, what is the best way to inform current patients about my clinic without getting myself into any legal trouble? I gave 30-day notice last week. My current employer had a past experience with one of her PT's and ATC's leaving and opening a clinic and it got quite ugly. Am hoping to avoid any backlash.

(in reply to mgcali)
Post #: 4
Re: Leasing Space in Private Gym - December 31, 2005 7:12:00 PM   
tc

I would check into the legality issues in your state. It may not be legal to tell your patients where you are going if you are a certain close distance because you are "stealing patients". I would also contact a lawyer anyhow if you are starting your own business just to clear up little issues like this. If you do take some patients over to your new clinic and your old boss gets pissed enough to try and sue, you need to know where you stand legally. Good luck!

(in reply to mgcali)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Leasing Space in Private Gym Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search