My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Patients who can't pay at time of service

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Patients who can't pay at time of service Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Patients who can't pay at time of service - November 26, 2005 11:09:00 AM   
Soleman

How do you all handle patients who can't pay for their deductible or copay at time of service? We are implementing some new policies but I wanted to get some feedback on the issue.
Thanks
Post #: 1
Re: Patients who can't pay at time of service - November 28, 2005 10:17:00 PM   
coloradojulie

Get something each visit even if it is a nominal amount...and get them to sign a payment agreement...

If they forfeit on the agreement off to collections they go.

The less rigid your financial policies the more I find people either mistrust them or the more you suffer from a cash flow stand point. We are a service that costs money and people need to respect that.

That being said, you can also establish pro bono guidelines for indigent patients. You can't write off what you would get paid for those visits normally, only the time it costs you. But it allows you to help those who really can't pay rather than those who don't want to.

PRC

(in reply to Soleman)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Patients who can't pay at time of service Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search