My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

billing

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> billing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
billing - November 11, 2005 8:07:00 PM   
Lucien

does anybody rely on computer to generate your charges based on your daily note; we are thinking about using a medical billing software which will do this; would like to know some pros and cons
Thanks
Post #: 1
Re: billing - November 11, 2005 8:20:00 PM   
goodlooks58

How would this work? i.e. note writing generating charges.

(in reply to Lucien)
Post #: 2
Re: billing - November 11, 2005 8:35:00 PM   
Lucien

you would write your daily note and the software would suggest the correct charge/charges; it would possibly save time of handwriting charges and then putting charges in the computer

(in reply to Lucien)
Post #: 3
Re: billing - November 12, 2005 7:09:00 AM   
SJBird55

Dano, what you want to make sure of is that the rules of the insurance company are correctly inputted into the computer OR that there is definitely an option to edit the number of units of whatever CPT code to be billed. If you were using your daily note to drive charges, then that would also mean that you'd need a software package that included registering patients so all the information that is required to be included when billing is inputted. You'd basically be looking at a product that has the capability to register, bill, schedule and treat all in one package.

(in reply to Lucien)
Post #: 4
Re: billing - November 13, 2005 5:47:00 PM   
goodlooks58

Dano: I am interetsted in this software. What is it's name and any other info you could provide. Thanks

(in reply to Lucien)
Post #: 5
Re: billing - November 16, 2005 11:04:00 AM   
Lucien

Therawriter with Hands On Technology has this capability; check them out on the wed Hands on Technology (physical therapist has developed entire program)

(in reply to Lucien)
Post #: 6
Re: billing - November 16, 2005 11:31:00 AM   
ehanso

We have been using ReDoc software. It does the billing and productivity daily with each progress note. I am not sure how expensive it is to purchase and maintain. After the learning curve, it has been efficient. It also automatically reminds of recert dates, pulls info forward to medicare forms and treatment plans. There seem to be a number of new programs on the market so it would be appropriate to contact a vendor and evaluate each product on line prior to making decisions. The vendor should also be able to provide a list of facilities using there product so you can get objective information to help make a decision. Good luck.

(in reply to Lucien)
Post #: 7
Re: billing - November 16, 2005 3:03:00 PM   
ptisme

We use a product that does this as well. The software handles everything Billing, Scheduling, documentation. It posts charges from the notes with an electronic superbill or routing sheet. It is really pretty cool. Here is their website [URL=http://www.AdvantageSoftware.com,]www.AdvantageSoftware.com,[/URL] there may be others but this one works good for us.

(in reply to Lucien)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> billing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search