My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Help with billing systems for private PT clinics

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Help with billing systems for private PT clinics Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with billing systems for private PT clinics - September 12, 2005 11:13:00 PM   
tnt

For those who own, or work in privately owned outpatient orthopedic clinics, I'm looking for feedback on how to go about billing (let's leave the "cash only" discussions for another time). Does it pay to hire ouside sources to do your billing, or better to hire staff and bill "in house". If the in house method is used, what software is widely used and how do you like it?
Post #: 1
Re: Help with billing systems for private PT clinics - September 14, 2005 2:40:00 AM   
goodlooks58

I have tried outsourced billing and in-house. I think in-house is a better route to take as there is more control and better feed back regarding collection. I have used PTOS in the past and since last 7 months Iam using internet based billing system: [URL=http://www.medrium.com-this]www.medrium.com-this[/URL] is a very convenient but expensive software. check it out.

(in reply to tnt)
Post #: 2
Re: Help with billing systems for private PT clinics - September 15, 2005 12:09:00 PM   
coloradojulie

I use medisoft patient accounting...it also has scheduling software. It is pretty user friendly and runs on windows software. Cost depends on the size of your practice...you can get it for as little as a couple hundred dollars or as much as several thousand. We have the advanced accounting option. Tech support from your rep is helpful, but we've used it for 10 years and have grown with it...it's great.

Check out medisoft.com for demo.

Also I used a billing company for a few years...it was terrible...since they work on percentages, collecting the smaller patient balances often fell by the wayside after the bulk of the money came in. It cost us about 40-50K a year!!

I now have trained and hired a part time in house billing person. Costs less than a company, and i can audit it any time.

PRC

(in reply to tnt)
Post #: 3
Re: Help with billing systems for private PT clinics - September 23, 2005 7:03:00 PM   
ptisme

We use the PT Advantage software. It works very well and can include scheduling a documentation. It's pretty inexpecnsive as well. [URL=http://www.AdvantageSoftware.com]www.AdvantageSoftware.com[/URL]

(in reply to tnt)
Post #: 4
Re: Help with billing systems for private PT clinics - October 14, 2005 4:46:00 PM   
jduncan

We have always billed in-house and have recently signed up with Raintree Therapy software. It is specifically for therapy and has intergrated scheduler and documentation. I will be happy to talk in detail about it if you want to email me at jduncan@hprc.net

(in reply to tnt)
Post #: 5
Re: Help with billing systems for private PT clinics - October 14, 2005 5:25:00 PM   
goodlooks58

I have used PTOS in the past when they had the MS DOS software. Now they have Windows based software. I am still impressed by PTOS' reports and the ease I can see the amount the patient owes. I am using [URL=http://www.medrium.com]www.medrium.com[/URL] which is internet based so it is very convenient to use, however, very expensive.

(in reply to tnt)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Private Practice / Business Development >> Help with billing systems for private PT clinics Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search