My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

ACN and United Healthcare

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Open Forum >> ACN and United Healthcare Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ACN and United Healthcare - February 24, 2006 8:25:00 AM   
mikeb

Does anyone else have experience with ACN and United healthcare? Sounds like big changes are happening.
Post #: 1
Re: ACN and United Healthcare - February 24, 2006 11:19:00 AM   
drbuddy

ACN is a pain in the, ya know...

They are managed care on steroids. If it takes you and average of more than 6 visits to totally cure your patients, they flag you. Then, if you keep it up, you are terminated. When applying to other networks in the future, that termination is on your record.

I joined when I didnt know much about it. Luckily, less than 5% of my patients have UHC/ACN.

ACN started as the American Chiropractic Network, but have changed their name to the ACN Group, since they will now be handling PT claims.

They require you to complete their detailed care plan forms and have patients fill out extra paperwork. THey are also notorious for capping per visit reimbursement while having high copays. I dont know how they do it, but I have heard of patients with $40 copays and they cap the visit fees at $32. So, essentially, you need to refund the patient $8.

Spread the work within PT circles, beware of ACN. I guess you can't legally boycott them, so I'll say this, if they have no in network providers for PT or chiropractic, their insurance plans will not look very attractive to companies and their employees.

(in reply to mikeb)
Post #: 2
Re: ACN and United Healthcare - February 24, 2006 2:40:00 PM   
docb

We dropped ACN from all of our clinics.
they are horrible and have been in the light of lawsuits for a while now

Bryan

(in reply to mikeb)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Open Forum >> ACN and United Healthcare Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search