My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Nephrogenic Fibrosing Dermopathy

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Medical Complexity >> Nephrogenic Fibrosing Dermopathy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nephrogenic Fibrosing Dermopathy - June 4, 2007 5:11:00 PM   
Chocco

I am currently seeing a pt with nephrogenic Fibrosing Dermopathy. They traced the origin back to an MRI contrast ( or they think). I am currently working on transfer training and maintaining the mobility that he has + training his wife. If anyone has some experience with treating this any suggestions will be appreciated. The gentleman and his wife are great people, but their doctors have done little to answer their questions and i am doing the best I can.
Post #: 1
Re: Nephrogenic Fibrosing Dermopathy - June 5, 2007 10:30:00 AM   
Dr.Wagner

ouch that is very unfortunate. My goodness, I hope that he recovers.

Dr. Wagner DO
Moderator of Medical Complexity Forum

(in reply to Chocco)
Post #: 2
RE: Nephrogenic Fibrosing Dermopathy - July 23, 2007 2:28:41 AM   
gshumrak

The patient (23 y/o female)  I saw with this disease suffered from extremely painful joints, esp knees and hips.  I treated her in the acute rehabilitation stage.   We concentrated on trying to maintain the ROM both active and passive of her LEs and UEs.  We also focused on general mobility and standing tolerance.  By the time she left rehab she was transfering with min A of her mother and using a platform walker (she had wrist and finger contractures) to walk aprox. 10 feet, painfully.  She was also becoming more independent with bed mobility.  She underwent photophoresis treatments, which helped a little, but certainly no cure.  Good luck with your patient, this is a tough disease. 

(in reply to Chocco)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Medical Complexity >> Nephrogenic Fibrosing Dermopathy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search