My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Re: Case Presentation

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Medical Complexity >> Re: Case Presentation Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Re: Case Presentation - July 27, 2006 8:35:00 PM   
jbird007

"I would perform vitals, neuro, heart, lungs, abdominal, and gynecological exams."

Buddy T., are you doing gyn exams?

jbird

(in reply to Dr.Wagner)
Post #: 41
Re: Case Presentation - July 28, 2006 8:31:00 AM   
SJBird55

jbird... since you are kind of jumping into this site, let me gently hold your hand and explain the "case presentation" area in medical complexity. In this area, there are two types of postings that occur. 1) those that want to pretend and use their thinking caps to learn a bit about differential diagnosis in particular in a scenario that a therapist is practicing with full direct access and 2) those that want to argue that physical therapists can't diagnose and can't order diagnostic tests, so what's the point of thinking outside of our practice acts and why is Wags posting scenarios that don't pertain to physical therapy.

I don't believe Buddy does gynecological exams... but Buddy was basically replying that if he were an ER physician, this is what he might do.

I guess you have to choose... will you choose to see the particular presentation as something fun in which you might learn something and through the process learn to keep the processes and the situations in your head in the event that a patient in front of you may have some presentation that technically you can't or shouldn't treat OR will you choose to instigate arguments, ruffle feathers and potentially have others become defensive?

The choice is yours...

(in reply to Dr.Wagner)
Post #: 42
Re: Case Presentation - July 28, 2006 11:41:00 AM   
jbird007

SJ,

My question was an honest one. In some states DC's can do GYN exams, sutures and deliver babies.

Personally I enjoy Doc Wagners postings and I am not here to ruffle feathers. IMO I think it is advantageous for PT's to get this type of exposure although I do understand and respect Sean's views as well. As a DC, I explore different areas out of my scope and I do not think it does any harm, in fact I believe it is a benefit to myself and patients. It also helps me to communicate better with other health professionals.

J

(in reply to Dr.Wagner)
Post #: 43
Re: Case Presentation - July 28, 2006 12:15:00 PM   
SJBird55

I apologize for my guilt in assuming you were trying to stir the pot. I read into your question and obviously placed some inaccurate tone in my reading of your question.

(in reply to Dr.Wagner)
Post #: 44
Re: Case Presentation - July 28, 2006 12:33:00 PM   
drbuddy

I do not perform gyn exams, or rectal exams for that matter. I'll pretty much do everything else that is non invasive.

(in reply to Dr.Wagner)
Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Medical Complexity >> Re: Case Presentation Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search