My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Re: In patient pneumonia protocol

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Medical Complexity >> Re: In patient pneumonia protocol Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Re: In patient pneumonia protocol - May 1, 2006 6:22:00 PM   
Shill

Dr Wagner,
You mentioned "This is a HUGE potential area for treatment and seeing the benefit of exercise". That is how I see just about all inpatient PT, FULL of potential for some ground breaking, earth shattering stuff. One of the barriers to this is the fact that the current model of care is "get em up, and get em out".

Steve Hill PT

(in reply to Dr.Wagner)
Post #: 21
Re: In patient pneumonia protocol - May 2, 2006 10:52:00 AM   
james1234

After 20-30 years behind the times and keeping patients in bed you people finally see the light.

Another malpractice "medical" blunder was wrapping a patients torso after a rib injury. It took over 50 years for you's to realize the problems that incurred. Can you say "DUH?"

And Shill calls it, "ground-breaking and earth shattering stuff". It's called common sense, my baby-oiled boys and girls.

James

(in reply to Dr.Wagner)
Post #: 22
Re: In patient pneumonia protocol - May 2, 2006 1:10:00 PM   
Dr.Wagner

Well Hello James,

I am glad you can bring insight, as stated previously, lymphatic protocols were used for years in the old small Osteopathic Hospitals. Today, I honestly think pneumonia is treated quite well, and I was hoping to find any PTs that initiated treatments in many of the ill patients will CAP.
While the emphasis often times is a 23 hour stay, the older patients and those with multiple co-morbidities certainly could benefit.

Unfortunately, there likely is not enough time in the day or enough PTs to go around.

Dr. Wagner DO
Moderator of Medical Complexity Forum

(in reply to Dr.Wagner)
Post #: 23
Re: In patient pneumonia protocol - May 2, 2006 5:36:00 PM   
nari

Junction

Don't worry - it can take years for new approaches to filter down.
Yes, the flutter requires some cognitive functioning, and it doesn't work for strokes who can't close the mouth around the mouthpiece very well.
But for those who can manage it (some patients just love it!!) it means you can go off and help those who need 1:1 and can't use a flutter.

Walking programs and the flutter for COPD patients has taken hours,days/months off PTs' time and ensured self-efficacy for a whole group of patients.

After all, isn't that our primary goal? To make patients need us less and less?

Nari

(in reply to Dr.Wagner)
Post #: 24
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Medical Complexity >> Re: In patient pneumonia protocol Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search