My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Re: Is the Future Bright enough?

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> The Future of PT >> Re: Is the Future Bright enough? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Re: Is the Future Bright enough? - May 3, 2007 4:48:00 PM   
johnny appleseed

jtanga said:

"Now let me ask you a question...do u even have a girlfriend?"

I was just thinking about this one today...i can't put this one down, I had to log-on and re-read it...it's too good....love it!

(in reply to TedSutarik)
Post #: 61
RE: Re: Is the Future Bright enough? - July 7, 2007 1:41:02 AM   
rwillcott

I could never wipe someone elses ass!  Good God!  You could pay me 100k per year and it wouldn't be enough. 

It's efreshing to hear your poit of view johnny.  Too many people are cought up in the materialistic world.  I have a few friends that make a lot of money and I get sick of listening to them talk about what boat or car their going to buy.  Ask them about what book they read or what they think of the war in Iraq/Afghanistan and they don't have a clue.

Sad.

(in reply to johnny appleseed)
Post #: 62
RE: Re: Is the Future Bright enough? - July 23, 2007 3:47:07 AM   
hmgross

I don't think it is necessary to bash another profession.  Nurses, much like teachers, enter the profession because they love what they do.  I was a licensed nurse before I became a PT.  Of course, there were plenty of unpleasant things I had to do, but there were also many rewards.  We will be facing a nursing shortage in the future and I hope that someday you don't end up lying in a hospital bed waiting hours for a nurse to come "wipe your ass" for you if you are too ill to make it to the toilet.  It happens and BTW there are plenty of unpleasant things doctors do--It certainly is no Grey's Anatomy out there.  I just wonder who will be willing to take care of all the boomers in the years to come.  It will be good for the PT profession as far a job security, but I am not counting on making a significantly higher amount of money, just a decent living.

(in reply to rwillcott)
Post #: 63
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> The Future of PT >> Re: Is the Future Bright enough? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search