Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Pediatrics >> KT for torticollis Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
KT for torticollis - January 28, 2007 9:13:00 AM   
texaspt

I have a 6 mos old with recent dx of CTM. Parent does not want to try the TOT collar until therapy has been attempted for about a month. I was going to use kinesiotaping to assist with keeping her head in midline (particularly an issue while traveling in the carseat). Does anyone have the protocol on KT for torticollis babies? Thanks in advance!
Post #: 1
RE: KT for torticollis - February 12, 2008 1:17:13 AM   
Trish Martin

I am not sure I even want to step into the current discussion......I am a pediatric physical therapst, with over 25 years of experience. I am also a kinesio tpaing instructor. of all the modalities and techniques I use to treat CMT, kinesio taping is one of the most effective. Like many therapeutic techniques, taping can be done with or without training. I do not believe a seminar is required to use kinesio tape, but i certainly believe it is helpful. The position the child is placed in to be taped, SCM versus scalene taping, scapular taping..are all considerations. A knowledge of developmental biomechanics and norms is also bebeficial. The tape does have unique qualities. there are 5 Pubmed research articles, and many more in the works.

(in reply to texaspt)
Post #: 2
RE: KT for torticollis - April 25, 2008 2:32:13 AM   
SiobhanPT

So, say the child has spastic torticollis causing left lateral flexion with right rotation. Do you tape the left SCM or the right? THanks! Any links to a photo or diagram would be great. Can't wait to take your course! I am a Chicago girl and have been meaning to get to one!

(in reply to texaspt)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Pediatrics >> KT for torticollis Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote