My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Re: Ballistic dural stretching

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Manual Therapy >> Re: Ballistic dural stretching Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Re: Ballistic dural stretching - March 31, 2006 3:54:00 AM   
Randy Dixon

That looks more like what I consider a British "up yours", I always thought the Aussies just came right out and said it.

(in reply to ginger)
Post #: 21
Re: Ballistic dural stretching - March 31, 2006 7:21:00 AM   
Sebastian Asselbergs

That, Ginger, is the most obfuscating post of you yet. Shrouding your lack of answers to the posed questions in a sudden concern for misuse is a poor way of saying - "I do not have the answers to your questions". Remember - YOU are the one with the "grand pediculator" as signature - you use body weight to mobilize....How could that be any less stupid than "stretching dura" for therapeutic purposes?

As much as I appreciate good banter and exchange of ideas, when you make claims like you do, you need to be prepared to answer the logical questions that arise from your presentation. To turn around and make poorly cloaked snide remarks about PTs of different nationalities to take the heat off yourself, is a sure sign of completely UN-Oz weakness and insecurity.

No-one has gotten any answers from you yet.....Just insults.

Methinks your head needs deflating a teensie bit...

Mundi vult decipi

(in reply to ginger)
Post #: 22
Re: Ballistic dural stretching - March 31, 2006 9:06:00 AM   
Shill

So you're just taking your ball(istic stretching) and going home? Gee, thats not much fun. Well, I hope you have a nice James Squire Amber, and come back after reconsidering.

Steve Hill PT

(in reply to ginger)
Post #: 23
Re: Ballistic dural stretching - March 31, 2006 2:44:00 PM   
nari

ginger

I have to agree that, although you do not set out to win friends and influence people, your post has the inference that US PTs are a bit thick and below your (or someone else's) clinical expertise; and that is over the top. Fair enough to warn others, but not that way...

Your wallabies are way too active in the paddock; get Blue to chase them over the fence.

Nari

(in reply to ginger)
Post #: 24
Re: Ballistic dural stretching - April 3, 2006 7:04:00 PM   
ginger

Yes Shill Sebastian Randy and Nari, I was out of line and over the top. I'll not attempt to mitigate my obvious poor judgement in this matter , I ought to have chosen my words far better and I apologise to those whom I've offended.

Geoff Fisher
Physiotherapist

(in reply to ginger)
Post #: 25
Re: Ballistic dural stretching - April 3, 2006 11:19:00 PM   
nari

ginger

One of the problems of communicating online with clinical applications is the one you came across - explaining pros and cons, methods,etc. They often come across out of original context, and may seem bizarre or inappropriate to others.
That's pretty universal, I think. We can't *see* you doing these techniques, and can only guess at their effectiveness or not. We're not *there*.

Simple Contact as taught by Barrett seems odd and mysterious online - when seen, and experienced, the whole concept changes from 'mystic' to very real and beneficial.

Nari

(in reply to ginger)
Post #: 26
Re: Ballistic dural stretching - April 4, 2006 6:50:00 AM   
Sebastian Asselbergs

ginger - that's cool. and nari has a good point - it not always easy to "hear" nuances either (might not have heard and seen the smile on your face when you "said" what you said).
We're cool.

Mundi vult decipi

(in reply to ginger)
Post #: 27
Re: Ballistic dural stretching - April 4, 2006 1:09:00 PM   
Shill

No worries mate. Theres no harm in feeling strongly about what you do. I think we should all use those little smiley faces more often,to show how we feel. :mad: Just kidding. :)

Steve

Steve Hill PT

(in reply to ginger)
Post #: 28
Re: Ballistic dural stretching - April 5, 2006 4:54:00 AM   
ginger

I'll endeavour to add what I can as further explanation on ballistic stretches over the coming few days , I've been suffering a bout of the lurgy and flat out like a lizard drinking.
Cheers

Geoff Fisher
Physiotherapist

(in reply to ginger)
Post #: 29
Re: Ballistic dural stretching - April 5, 2006 5:53:00 AM   
nari

ginger

Maybe you and I can get our North American colleagues talking the Oz language! ;)

Nari

(in reply to ginger)
Post #: 30
Re: Ballistic dural stretching - April 5, 2006 9:33:00 PM   
ginger

Jeez cobber strewth beuty no worries, av a go yer mug , on ya she's a corker . A tribute here to those erstwhile colleagues of the ocker persuasion.
Most of you will be familiar with the dural test known as the slump test.
Versions of the slump can be used with good indications for tightness in lumbopelvic and brachial dura. The reproduction of complained of symptoms is not necessary. In many cases sufficient indication for the value of dural stretches will be shown by altered sensations with the slump along the course of the same segmental level as the complained of pain etc.
With skilled handling the effect of a ballistic stretch is instantaneous and safe, giving a strong indication of a temporal relationship between presumed dural tightness and complained of symptom. ( if not proof, a more difficult proposition ).

Geoff Fisher
Physiotherapist

(in reply to ginger)
Post #: 31
Re: Ballistic dural stretching - April 7, 2006 8:57:00 AM   
truthseeker

Not arguing, but Wasserman's premise is flawed. Which branch of the femoral nerve comes from the shin? (hint, there isn't one to my knowledge)

(in reply to ginger)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Manual Therapy >> Re: Ballistic dural stretching Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search