My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Re: Tail Bone Adjustment?????

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Manual Therapy >> Re: Tail Bone Adjustment????? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Re: Tail Bone Adjustment????? - February 7, 2005 9:57:00 AM   
dosrinc

Frank, I also use this "springing or rebounding" technique quite often and always try the external techniques to see if they are effective before going internal.
By the way, these rebounding techniques are also very effective when used to manipulate the costotransverse or costochondral articulations
Rick

(in reply to Mitch)
Post #: 21
Re: Tail Bone Adjustment????? - May 24, 2005 6:45:00 PM   
zaio

I study in CZ and i have a Prof. Which he is using this Manouver and its shows allot of improvment for the patient case its a very intresting aspect , cause most of the patient they will refuse to do it,, Not suprise but, i have some theorys from our Prof, and he is totally with that treatment, (Coxygeal syndrome) as we call it here in our school and belive it or not we had couple of patient that they came with lower back pain , and we did all the examenation for Lumbar and everything was alright with the patient and later on we found out that the tail bone as you call the painfule part , you could easyle palpate it not through the rectum , but if you palpate the part from above the skin and its painfule then you have to provide the treatment.
Any more information .
You Could write me on this Email
zaio@dr.com
ill do my best and ill find all you're answers
Zaio

(in reply to Mitch)
Post #: 22
RE: Tail Bone Adjustment????? - September 17, 2007 8:56:40 PM   
AdamP

Don't forget that it is possible to perforate the rectum making this a dangerous procedure. I had an incident where it was a clear cut case of a dislocated coccyx. I went the the physician and explained what I found. A new x-ray confirmed. The original plan was to make time to go to the physicians office to complete this procedure (let's face it, this was great face time with the Doc). Luckily, the physician was a DO and decided to proceed himself. The pt improved considerably and I didn't have to get my hands dirty...er...bad choice of expressions?

(in reply to Mitch)
Post #: 23
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Manual Therapy >> Re: Tail Bone Adjustment????? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search