RehabEdge Physical Therapy Forum

Forums  Register  Login  Forgot Login?
  My Profile 
My Subscription
  My Forums 
Search
  FAQ  Log Out
Follow @RehabEdge

Arachnoiditis---PT protocols/restrictions?

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Neurology >> Arachnoiditis---PT protocols/restrictions? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Arachnoiditis---PT protocols/restrictions? - July 20, 2005 10:11:00 PM   
sarty

I'm getting a patient with a dx of back and left leg pain, but her medical dx is arachnoiditis. She has been seen in our clinic before for pool therapy, and is now being referred for land therapy.

After spending some time reading online, I feel I have a basic understanding of the condition, but I do not know exactly how to help this woman. What is my goal? The PT set functionally-based goals and discouraged the use of too many modalities; however, the sites online have said that the condition can be worsened. How am I to know what is typical exercise-related soreness and what is an exacerbation of her underlying condition? I will be talking with our medical director to get some guidance from him (the PT said he really didn't know what to tell me, other than to place the ball in her court, ask her what her goals were functionally and then work towards them). The occupational medicine physician in my clinic told me to use tons of modalities and try to keep her comfortable.

So, I'm getting conflicting advice. :rolleyes:

Anyone have any experience with this or any guidance?

It would be most appreciated. Thanks! Jen/sarty
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [RehabEdge Forum] >> Neurology >> Arachnoiditis---PT protocols/restrictions? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Google Custom Search